Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Bill C71 Discussion Q+A

So in short... there's a reference number for that.

“ Q: When you apply for the transfer, I’ve heard that no additional information is required. I also heard that I would have to enter the make, model, serial number, and everything else.

A: We have been assured that there will be firearm information input into the non-restricted portion of the system.”

So…that’s confirmation that the firearm information WILL be stored centrally with the RCMP at the point of getting the transfer authorization number?

“The next component of this bill is the new requirement for the photo capture of the license in the instance of mail-order firearms or online purchases…
    This can be uploaded to a system on your own database/website, e-mailed, faxed, texted, or passenger pigeon, you do need to see a copy of that firearms license, both front and back…
    You must have a secondary ID for anything, on mail order or online purchase.”

Q2: So we can have a picture of their PAL uploaded on an online purchase, the second portion of ID, that would be a driver’s license, and that would need to be an image as well?

A2: Correct, an image as well.”

So now all online dealer sales will require the purchaser to submit pics of PAL front and back, as well as drivers licence. That’s all…we don’t need to provide SIN, fingerprints, and a DNA sample? Fawk

CGN frequent flyer
    So you thought you hated Rangeview Sports!

Super GunNutz
    i guess we'll just have to sell a couple rounds of ammo,verify the license is valid that way ,and just loan them the rifle so they can try it out first,that should work,LOL

So private sales cannot go through online and must go through phone lines?

Good lord
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

Q: Are individuals really required to maintain this 20-year record as well as businesses?

A: Yes.

What? Is this true or I'm not getting this right? If so, what nonsense. Can this be reversed by the Cons or are we doomed with this?
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

Q: Are individuals really required to maintain this 20-year record as well as businesses?

A: Yes.

They may as well just show up and take me to jail now. Heck, I can’t even keep track of my credit card receipts from year to year. If I have to keep records of private transactions for 20 years I’m HOOPED!
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN Regular
    Is it just me or is this Q and A a little heavy on the franglish/some other ESL idiosyncrasies. I have more questions after reading this Q and A than i did before lol

That's a lotta words

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast