Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Bill C71 Discussion Q+A

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Is a reference number needed for sending a firearm to a gunsmith for work after the 18th?

If I want an 870 refinished do we now need reference numbers back and forth?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

always new laws and rules for law abiding gun owners.

Less punishment for the criminals. DO they even think about them sometimes?
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Is a reference number needed for sending a firearm to a gunsmith for work after the 18th?

If I want an 870 refinished do we now need reference numbers back and forth?
    No. But the gunsmith has to record the firearm information and your information and keep it on file.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Last edited by Ipscshooters; 05-18-2022 at 04:57 AM.

CGN frequent flyer kinggeorge168's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    always new laws and rules for law abiding gun owners.

Less punishment for the criminals. DO they even think about them sometimes?
    I totally agreed with you!

Last edited by CommonCents; 11-23-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover View Post
    No. But the gunsmith has to record the firearm information and your information and keep it on file.
    I'd be surprised if that wasn't already some sort of standard practice. How else would you ever expect to get insurance coverage for your customers' property in the event of loss if you didn't have the pertinent info recorded?

Besides a drivers license, what is considered an acceptable form of secondary ID? I would rather not transmit an image that shows my address.
    Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.~Thomas Jefferson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover View Post
    “ Q: When you apply for the transfer, I’ve heard that no additional information is required. I also heard that I would have to enter the make, model, serial number, and everything else.

A: We have been assured that there will be firearm information input into the non-restricted portion of the system.”

So…that’s confirmation that the firearm information WILL be stored centrally with the RCMP at the point of getting the transfer authorization number?
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    Can someone double check the individual record keeping requirement?

It specifically says in the bill that record-keeping only applies to businesses.
    Point 2 in the summery.

https://parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42...1/royal-assent
    I think this q&a has a few things wrong with it. There is no firearms info to be inputted, nor record keeping requirements for individuals and Lending is NOT a transfer...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Scalpers love these changes. Now they can say their retail $1500 that they've been trying to sell for a $2000, is now worth $2500.... Retailers are also doing well. But really, if you look at what's done, it mostly making an online option for things. People had to call in before, now they can do online. Stores kept serial numbers before (every one that I've gone in physically) yaddah, blah. Nothing new. Heck, we've been asking for the ability to do stuff online, instead of waiting on hold with our CFO's.

Unfortunately, too many Canadian gun owners can't think through a topic and immediately go into rage mode every time they feel like something must be bad. It's the same group of people who said the forecast for our April blizzard was just government fear-mongering.... Nearly three feet of white, fluffy, wet, fear-mongering.

Everything the government does is a step towards the goal of disarmament, sure. But there's nothing in this particular step that really moves us closer. We should be relieved that this year just means we can go online, instead of calling things in.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast