Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Bill C71 Discussion Q+A

So now in EE, we will need a drop menu to ‘for lending’ WTL instead of WTS.
    Last edited by Janeau; 05-19-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    always new laws and rules for law abiding gun owners.

Less punishment for the criminals. DO they even think about them sometimes?
    The only thing our liberal overlords care about is votes, trying to appease the scared masses in the big cities by enacting ridiculous firearms laws/bans that make it appear that they are doing something to combat gang violence and criminal activity, thereby winning the favor of said scared masses and getting voted back in and keeping their kushy paychecks coming. That, and having the inane attitude that disarming the population will somehow keep everyone safer.
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians

Thanks for the summary. Will follow this thread for updates.

Last edited by CommonCents; 11-23-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    Barter:
    "Immediate & direct reciprocal exchange of goods or services without use of money"

There is a strong possibility, that my english has some significant holes in it, as it is not my first language.
    However there would be no "reciprocal exchange" taking place, as the other party would of course be lending me the money not in return for anything, but rather out of the goodness of their heart in a separate and unrealated manner.

My understanding of lending is that you temporarily release a physical object which you own into someones care with the expectation of eventual return (the return could be time specific or not)

I don't think it falls under "giving", "selling" or "barter".
    Not trying to be a ###### but em I wrong?
    Logically you are not wrong, but how logic applies in firearms law is another thread.
    Note that to even lend a restricted to another RPAL holder, I must go through transfer hoops.
    I can see this being extended to NRs - so we are getting what we asked for, namely a simplified system.
    A gun is a gun is a gun. More paperwork for everyone. See? Careful what you ask for, you may get it.
    Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    They don't care about us at all, hence our immigration numbers. If we won't vote for them they'll bring in others who will. We just pay our taxes.
    The point of their disarmament agenda isn't to make us safer, it's to make sure we can't meaningfully resist.
    Yes, very true, I agree.
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Barter:
    "Immediate & direct reciprocal exchange of goods or services without use of money"

There is a strong possibility, that my english has some significant holes in it, as it is not my first language.
    However there would be no "reciprocal exchange" taking place, as the other party would of course be lending me the money not in return for anything, but rather out of the goodness of their heart in a separate and unrealated manner.

My understanding of lending is that you temporarily release a physical object which you own into someones care with the expectation of eventual return (the return could be time specific or not)

you know what, I don't know. You could be ok, maybe not.

Some LEO then Prosecutor then Judge could decide it was not ok. They could decide it is ok.

Time will tell. I won't be telling anyone anything though going forward.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Barter:

Considering Lending is covered under a different section of the firearms act (section 33), I can't see why changes to NR transfers, which is Section 23, would have any impacts.

However, if there is also a lend of money at the same time it might be hard to convince a cop or judge that you were lending and not selling the gun... and all it takes is charges for your whole life to get flipped upside down, even if those charges get dropped after you spend a pile of time and money on dealing with the mess you've created for yourself.

Lending a gun is fine. Using "lending" as a work around to transfer laws runs the risk of being charged with an illegal transfer (or whatever the specific offense would be.)
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Considering Lending is covered under a different section of the firearms act (section 33), I can't see why changes to NR transfers, which is Section 23, would have any impacts.

However, if there is also a lend of money at the same time it might be hard to convince a judge that you were lending and not selling the gun.
    that's where it will get tricky. Proving it was a "lend" not a sale or barter....
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    However, if there is also a lend of money at the same time it might be hard to convince a cop or judge that you were lending and not selling the gun... and all it takes is charges for your whole life to get flipped upside down, even if those charges get dropped after you spend a pile of time and money on dealing with the mess you've created for yourself.
    I might lend my rifle and get "a safety deposit", to be given back upon return of the rifle, "whenever/if it happens"
    Truth is called hate by those who you hate the truth.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast