Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Bill C71 Discussion Q+A

LOL, yeah they can pound sand.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Larzzral View Post
    Scalpers love these changes. Now they can say their retail $1500 that they've been trying to sell for a $2000, is now worth $2500.... Retailers are also doing well. But really, if you look at what's done, it mostly making an online option for things. People had to call in before, now they can do online. Stores kept serial numbers before (every one that I've gone in physically) yaddah, blah. Nothing new. Heck, we've been asking for the ability to do stuff online, instead of waiting on hold with our CFO's.

Unfortunately, too many Canadian gun owners can't think through a topic and immediately go into rage mode every time they feel like something must be bad. It's the same group of people who said the forecast for our April blizzard was just government fear-mongering.... Nearly three feet of white, fluffy, wet, fear-mongering.

Everything the government does is a step towards the goal of disarmament, sure. But there's nothing in this particular step that really moves us closer. We should be relieved that this year just means we can go online, instead of calling things in.
    the only thing you will be (likely) able to do online is to check the validity PAL of of someone you want to sell (an) NR(s) to ,,, what you didn't have to do before at all ..
    nothing else, not a transfer of an R, not for ATTs ... zilch ...
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Scalpers love these changes. Now they can say their retail $1500 that they've been trying to sell for a $2000, is now worth $2500.... Retailers are also doing well. But really, if you look at what's done, it mostly making an online option for things. People had to call in before, now they can do online. Stores kept serial numbers before (every one that I've gone in physically) yaddah, blah. Nothing new. Heck, we've been asking for the ability to do stuff online, instead of waiting on hold with our CFO's.

Unfortunately, too many Canadian gun owners can't think through a topic and immediately go into rage mode every time they feel like something must be bad. It's the same group of people who said the forecast for our April blizzard was just government fear-mongering.... Nearly three feet of white, fluffy, wet, fear-mongering.

Everything the government does is a step towards the goal of disarmament, sure. But there's nothing in this particular step that really moves us closer. We should be relieved that this year just means we can go online, instead of calling things in.
    You won't be as cheery about these new rules when I see a .jpg copy of your drivers licence and PAL for sale on the Darknet along with thousands of others.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    You won't be as cheery about these new rules when I see a .jpg copy of your drivers licence and PAL for sale on the Darknet along with thousands of others.
    I expect this to hurt businesses the most. For private sales we can have a zoom call for you to verify my face matches the picture on my PAL, then you take the required info and get a reference number. I can't imagine any businesses will be taking the time to have zoom calls with potential customers, which means the only way to buy from them is to send them your PAL and DL, and email is simply not secure enough for me to do that.

Maybe businesses will develop more secure portals for uploading these pictures, but even if that happens I suspect a LOT of people won't be willing to do it because even if the system is as secure as can be you've still got the potential for a store-level employee to steal your pictures.

And that doesn't even factor in all the people who will refuse to buy new guns as long as businesses need to keep records of who they sell what to.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Super GunNutz

you got it exactly,a LOT of these answers are completely wrong,and some of the biggest sellers in the EE were the first ones to start fear mongering to sell their stuff,most unfortunately of all,the WORST fear mongering was done by one of our own national firearms association,THAT is the worst part,that same group is ALWAYS the one to push fear mongering to the extreme,sad,but true,

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I expect this to hurt businesses the most. For private sales we can have a zoom call for you to verify my face matches the picture on my PAL, then you take the required info and get a reference number. I can't imagine any businesses will be taking the time to have zoom calls with potential customers, which means the only way to buy from them is to send them your PAL and DL, and email is simply not secure enough for me to do that.

Maybe businesses will develop more secure portals for uploading these pictures, but even if that happens I suspect a LOT of people won't be willing to do it because even if the system is as secure as can be you've still got the potential for a store-level employee to steal your pictures.

And that doesn't even factor in all the people who will refuse to buy new guns as long as businesses need to keep records of who they sell what to.
    I must have mis-read somewhere, I thought for business it MUST be a picture/fax/scan of PAL + ID, so no zoom call for business ?
    It is not that hard for a business to have a phone with Whatsapp/Telegram/Skype, and a call need not be that long,just confirm order number, look at the PAL + ID, check the face match the person in the call etc etc
    If video call is allow, then there is still hope for online business, if not, then I think online ordering of firearms is dead.

CGN frequent flyer
    Just came up:

Licence Verification for Non-Restricted Firearms Transfer New

This section allows you to perform the licence verification check required by Section 23 of the Firearms Act; the Firearms Licences Regulations; and the Conditions of Transferring Firearms and Other Weapons Regulations as part of the transfer of one or more Non-Restricted firearms. Click the button below to verify the validity of the firearm licence of an individual or business to whom you wish to transfer a non-restricted firearm.

If you already have one or more non-restricted firearms transfer(s), click here to view or print the associated transfer notice(s).

Individual
    Fields marked with a ( * ) are mandatory.
    Buyer licence number (required)
    Buyer date of birth (required)
    yyyy-mm-dd
    Buyer email address (required)

or

Business
    Fields marked with a ( * ) are mandatory.
    Buyer licence number (required)
    Buyer email address (required)

Continue ...

Licence Verification Notice List
    This screen allows you to review and print any licence verifications notices related to you as a seller or a buyer.
    You are not currently associated with any licence verification notices.
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Lol 20 year record. Do I look like a secretary? Didn't think so

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FEDGE2.0 View Post
    Lol 20 year record. Do I look like a secretary? Didn't think so
    don't worry ... they will keep it for you ,,, see above ... our tax dollars being spent extremely well ... LOL ..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Delete

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast