Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NR firearms ordered before the 18th but not yet received

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    Burlew or a dealer thread posted the laws the other day. It said transfer of possession (for online orders) is interpreted as being complete on the date of shipping, not payment. If the store ships your item on or after May 18th, then that is what is considered the transfer date. If they do not have a reference number when creating that shipping label, they are breaking the new C-71 laws. I doubt any dealer would risk shipping anthing now, regardless of when payment was received, without that reference number and the logs.
    We spoke to the CFO here in Ontario. If the item was purchased before the 18th, regardless of when it ships a reference number is not required, even if it does not ship for several weeks / months.

It was explained its the same situation as warranty work. A reference number is not required if an NR rifle is being sent somewhere for work. A reference number is only required on NR rifles changing ownership after the 17th. Anyone who says different is beating the drum of fear mongering... most likely to get donations to their organization so they can have nice inflation adjusted pay raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Birch View Post
    We spoke to the CFO here in Ontario. If the item was purchased before the 18th, regardless of when it ships a reference number is not required, even if it does not ship for several weeks / months.

It was explained its the same situation as warranty work. A reference number is not required if an NR rifle is being sent somewhere for work. A reference number is only required on NR rifles changing ownership after the 17th. Anyone who says different is beating the drum of fear mongering... most likely to get donations to their organization so they can have nice inflation adjusted pay raise.
    Interesting. basically all dealers were saying..."Get your items shipped before the 18th, to avoid the registry!"

So they lost out on money from me by doing that because I cancelled preorders over it.
    CCFR, CSSA member!

Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    Interesting. basically all dealers were saying..."Get your items shipped before the 18th, to avoid the registry!"

So they lost out on money from me by doing that because I cancelled preorders over it.
    I don’t think preorders count maybe someone could clarify.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post

correct. Because of either incompetence or dishonesty.

I don’t know if this correct. There is a thread on Wolverine forum with Q&A with CSAAA regarding bill C-71. One of the questions clarified that the transfer is the date when NR is picked up or shipped.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    I don’t know if this correct. There is a thread on Wolverine forum with Q&A with CSAAA regarding bill C-71. One of the questions clarified that the transfer is the date when NR is picked up or shipped.
    I think that is the one I was talking about. Also, there were many stores who stated the items had to be shipped before the 18th and some who worked untill the midnight of. Are they all lying? I doubt it. Is it possible the OP spoke with an agent(s) who did not know the exact details? More than likely.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Perhaps the CFO in Ontario is wrong. We were given direction to follow what we posted and its what we plan to do. Everyone that ordered from us up to and including the 17th will have their order shipped with out a reference number. Don't forget, the CSAAA needs and likes donations. Some of our gun rights orgs here in Canada appear to be in a frenemies relationship with the govt. Let's be honest, if tomorrow all laws pertaining to guns were scrapped, there are some that would be sad because their jobs would disappear.

Another thing that has not been mentioned is that the reference number submittal info is not kept on file after the 90 period with eh govt. If it was, it would not expire and you would not need to call in for another after the 90 day period. We are not saying this reference number scheme is in anyway a good thing but it appears the only place that sales and sales info is being tracked is at the dealer level and alot of dealers have been doing this for a long period of time.

Expired Business Member
    I think that is the one I was talking about. Also, there were many stores who stated the items had to be shipped before the 18th and some who worked untill the midnight of. Are they all lying? I doubt it. Is it possible the OP spoke with an agent(s) who did not know the exact details? More than likely.
    I spoke to the CFO.

I spoke to the CFO.
    Have you shipped anything post 18th that was ordered pre 18th?

Expired Business Member
    Have you shipped anything post 18th that was ordered pre 18th?
    Yup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12