Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New transfer rule

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    I understand the government is not our friend, and everything they do should be scrutinized with caution and distrust, but really, all these hysterics over such a small change is pretty ridiculous, and more than a little tiresome.
    t's not as simple and trivial ...

they are building a (sparse) graph to reflect a network of PAL_Buyer<>PAL_Seller relations, with data related to particular NR firearms involved being added in time via several entry points:
    1. dealers info post May 18 for NRs entering since this day
    2. any business license holders' records created post May for any NRs which were existing before May 18
    3. any other ways, e.g. 6NIA forms listing NRs together with Rs submitted to CFO to obtain ATTs to/from point of entries on hte border with USA

This sparse graph will be evergreen, constantly being updated .. providing more and more information to trace NRs' circulations across licensed gun owners ...

Of course, nothing affects criminals and their illegal guns' movements ... but it's not intended for that in any way ...
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

So that’s it, in less than two hours this is the requirement? Or is all day tomorrow good to go still?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    So that’s it, in less than two hours this is the requirement? Or is all day tomorrow good to go still?
    if I read it correctly, it's May 18 already in Ontario ... and any NR firearm here needs to be transfered - taken out of store or of sellers' hands/shipped by the new rules ...
    dealers should know for sure ... some were advertising that they will be open 'till midnight ...
    I guess that was communicated as old PAL verification system for businesses stops and new starts ...
    one can check Individual services if they are turning it on by a time zone, for me it came up at 12:01AM ...
    Last edited by SLToronto; 05-18-2022 at 12:57 AM.
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    t's not as simple and trivial ...

they are building a (sparse) graph to reflect a network of PAL_Buyer<>PAL_Seller relations, with data related to particular NR firearms involved being added in time via several entry points:
    1. dealers info post May 18 for NRs entering since this day
    2. any business license holders' records created post May for any NRs which were existing before May 18
    3. any other ways, e.g. 6NIA forms listing NRs together with Rs submitted to CFO to obtain ATTs to/from point of entries on hte border with USA

This sparse graph will be evergreen, constantly being updated .. providing more and more information to trace NRs' circulations across licensed gun owners ...

Of course, nothing affects criminals and their illegal guns' movements ... but it's not intended for that in any way ...
    and yet they still wont know what's be moved,you could be calling to check a license to sell ammo,so much for that great data trail,

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Yesterday I asked one of the "information officer" from RCMP firearm program about this when I verified a buyer's PAL. She said no firearm information is needed, only the buyer's PAL number and RCMP will issue a reference number which valid for 90 days. She also said we don't need to retain the reference number or the buyer's information. Then I don't see a point for the reference number.
    Has anyone called in to try yet?

This is exactly as I see it.

There was a guy in Eastern Ontario who had his PAL revoked but he kept his card, he then went and bought a gun as the PAL never had to be verified and went and killed 2 women.

Look him up, Basil Borutski, this happened in 2015, this is one of the reasons this verification is required.

The crap that is coming out is the same as when everyone said that all our 12ga guns have been banned, do not give them any ideas, the whole purpose and documentation on this is to verify a PAL, it does not mean they are buying a gun, possess a gun, buying ammo, what the gun or ammo is, it is simply to verify that the PAL in question is valid.

My understanding is that if you verify the PAL then that reference number and timelines allows you to sell or give them any number of guns in that time frame on that single reference number, or none at all and nobody knows any better.

I had a guy at the hunt camp one year yelling at me that you had to register all your barrels, he actually forced it on the RCMP to take his barrel information and register his gun with all those notes. The guy had no idea that in Canada the receiver is the only controlled part of the firearm. I bet he would have tried to register multiple magazines if he had them.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    and yet they still wont know what's be moved,you could be calling to check a license to sell ammo,so much for that great data trail,
    may be not on the individual gun level ... but on the sets level - pretty soon ... and when it will be enough to trace back for many (most probably not all) members of these sets (particular guns) ..
    it's a growing net with more and more fills (density) in time running ...

this as a long (very long) play ...

Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    may be not on the individual gun level ... but on the sets level - pretty soon ... and when it will be enough to trace back for many (most probably not all) members of these sets (particular guns) ..
    it's a growing net with more and more fills (density) in time running ...

this as a long (very long) play ...
    So why scream that the sky is falling right now when it is not, using lies to deceive the public does not do anything for us and essentially makes you a Liberal politician, so stop it.

CFO in Ontario is already up to 6 weeks for restricted transfer wait times... I wonder what this new requirement will do to their productivity
    I'm getting pretty tired I think i'll go hit the sack... Then maybe go to bed

Sounds more like you're the lib politician citing that this new "verification" is justified, and we're spreading "lies to deceive the public" is right out of their books Mr. Fox. Still wearing a mask to protect others too?

There's nothing wrong with preparing for the death by 1000 cuts plan to gun ownership by our dictatorship in power. How convenient the Buffalo shooting is so close to this date....

Private sale pal checking is as stupid as wearing a mask in your car alone..... How can it be tracked if they aren't logging serial #'s and only verifying the validity of your PAL? riddle me that...

Expecting compliance by the sheep is how that works.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast