Al Flaherty's - The VERY BEST Online Firearm Order Experience EVER - A Model to All

thegazelle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I have ordered a bunch of firearms online from our various site sponsors. I have never had as expeditious and efficient of an experience as I have recently with an Al Flaherty shipment.

I have been at Al's previously a while back buying some small items like mags and ammo, but never had ordered from them online.

But with gas prices being what they are, I decided to purchase from Al's online.

In an effort to beat out the May 18 deadline I ordered a firearm from Al's on Sunday (15th - less than 48 hours ago), which I understand the retail store was closed. I did not expect fulfilment to occur until early to mid this week and maybe I can get the new item in time to hit the range this weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised to see an update Monday (yesterday) morning from the store on my account page. Then by the afternoon, I got another notification that the item was picked up by Canada Post with an ETA of today (17th) in the morning. That is quick, efficient and I loved how the system kept me updated at all times.

Now, for the funny part (nothing to do with Al's - but Canada Post)

Now I see that Al's had stated as usual for over 18 and signature required for the shipment details so I was expecting to go to the post office and to pick up the item and deal with the snoopy Shoppers mail clerk there (I had posted previously about this).

But to my surprise, my doorbell rang not too long ago and there was the Canada Post guy holding a long rectangular box asking if I am (my name). I said yes I am and do you want to see ID. He said no (LOL) and said "you look over 18" and then handed me the package. I said do you need me to sign anything? He said "nope, just signed for you." I had a big smile on my face since I was wearing a golf shirt, golf hat, golf shorts and he said "should be a beautiful weekend for a round of golf". I said "absolutely, for sure" and started discussing the latest in golf ball technology. Then I realized that he probably thought he was delivering me a new set of golf clubs and said "yes, I am hoping this will help me improve my shots".

FORE!!! LOL!

Thanks again Al Flaherty's! Opened the package and everything looks wonderful. Thank you for the great service from start to finish. I highly, highly recommend anyone who is looking to beat the May 18 deadline to get something from Al's today!

Last edited:
I also placed an order with Al’s the prior weekend. It was with Canada Post the next business day and arrived a few days later (to MB). I was impressed given what i assume was a busy weekend.

If you think the online experience is great - try going there! Super nice and knowledgeable folks! Lots of clothing and fishing stuff too!

I've only had good experiences shopping at Al Flaherty's. Either online or in-store.

Their online sales department is miles above the competition. If I order anything non-restrcited before 4 PM, I can always be sure to get a shipping notification the same day. Not just a printed label and then the item sits on a shelf for two more days. It really gets shipped out the same day.

Definitely my first go-to place when shopping online!

I've only had good experiences shopping at Al Flaherty's. Either online or in-store.

Their online sales department is miles above the competition. If I order anything non-restrcited before 4 PM, I can always be sure to get a shipping notification the same day. Not just a printed label and then the item sits on a shelf for two more days. It really gets shipped out the same day.

This is a GREAT point. A number of retailers will just print the label, maybe to create the impression that it has been shipped but actual shipping is 2-3 days later.

I tell you, I cannot be more pleased to have had this online buying experience from Al's. It far exceeded my expectations.

I’ve made numerous purchases from Al’s and I’m always amazed at how quickly they process the order and send notification that it’s ready to be picked up. As for friendly staff, not only are they friendly but they are knowledgeable, not some kid BS-ing you that thinks he knows it all. Their staff really do know it all .
I wish them all the best and hope that whatever happens with this new draconian legislation that we’re facing, that they are able to maintain their presence and continue to be a source of recreational products for us for decades to come.

i live a stones throw away from al flaherty's.. always my go to place.. when i got my vz58 from al's many many years ago.. there were ETF guys in the store.. all kitted out mag vets and all picking up something.. they loved the 58 i was getting and ended up chatting with them and staff for like 45 mins!

I bought my first firearm online from Al Flaherty's recently (Henry AR-7 True Timber Viper Western Camo). I am extremely pleased with the product and also the great service from Al Flaherty's. Thank you so much! Hoping to make a second purchase of another Henry from them soon too.

Back
Top Bottom