New Release - Marlin 1895 Trapper in 45-70

Good morning CGN,

We are pleased to announce the Ruger produced Marlin rifle lineup is expanding with a new 1895 Trapper in 45-70.

Marlin website for product details: https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/model_1895trapper/

5w6xzKJ.jpg

Orders are in place with Ruger as of this announcement. Please be aware, Ruger has not provided a timeline for delivery.

Retail pricing to be provided by your dealer of choice - expect around $1899 MSRP

KGL

Very nice, the trapper configuration with the 16” barrel and skinner sights is such a nice combination.

I really like the polished and then bead blasted finish as on the original trappers, looks very nice with the dark laminated stocks too.

....I am still waiting for the 1895 SBL. Is there an ETA on that one yet? They have had it in the US for quite some time now.

....I am still waiting for the 1895 SBL. Is there an ETA on that one yet? They have had it in the US for quite some time now.

As are we. Ruger is doing their best to release as many rifles as can be produced, and allotting inventory where possible. We sure hope to see a large quantity of both models, but this is highly unlikely for the foreseeable future.

Regards,
KGL

Looks like they're going to focus on the 1895 for the first releases. I was thinking either a 336 or 1894 would have been announced by now.

I bought the new 1895 SBL several weeks ago, put a Ranger Point s/s M/Brake on it and Leupold scope gun shoots under a quarter dia. groups at 25 yrds
with reloaded ammo, recoil is not bad with the brake never shot it without so 25 rds and i am still able to hold a cup of coffee.
Will be asking my locale dealer if he can get his hands on the Trapper model.

As are we. Ruger is doing their best to release as many rifles as can be produced, and allotting inventory where possible. We sure hope to see a large quantity of both models, but this is highly unlikely for the foreseeable future.

Regards,
KGL

Very grateful for the auction you did for the 1895 SBLs, got mine today and its a thing of beauty!

Is it me, or is the front sight on the rifle in the photo, backwards ?

Front sight is a Skinner “Bear Buster” model (same as on the original 1895 TSBL Trapper), it’s ramped in shape with a white painted line on the sloped section, it’s mounted correctly in the picture

Front sight is a Skinner “Bear Buster” model (same as on the original 1895 TSBL Trapper), it’s ramped in shape with a white painted line on the sloped section, it’s mounted correctly in the picture

Thanks for letting me know. First time I've ever seen one like that - and I thought I was a gun guy.

Hey Korth Folks has Ruger given any indication of when we might see the 1895 SBL hit the wider Canadian market I am on a wait list with one of your retailers and had been advised sometime this summer roughly speaking. Recognize completely that there are a lot of variables involved and the supply chain pressures are still a real issue.

Hey Korth Folks has Ruger given any indication of when we might see the 1895 SBL hit the wider Canadian market I am on a wait list with one of your retailers and had been advised sometime this summer roughly speaking. Recognize completely that there are a lot of variables involved and the supply chain pressures are still a real issue.

Hey there. Unfortunately, we've not been provided with any insight on delivery. Ruger are working as quickly as they can to produce these lever guns, but production will be a while catching up to the massive demand. You are in the queue for a rifle, which is your best bet to secure a rifle once they are available. We wish more accurate info was available, as we'd like to properly update our dealers/consumers with timelines.

Should we receive any updates from Ruger, we'll post them here.

Regards,
KGL

Back
Top Bottom