Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R18 accessories and optional upgrades?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    JR, any chance you and Sterling would consider building a Retro upper, with the right hand side S-shapped bolt carrier mounted charging handle and partial dust cover like Brownells version? Hell maybe you can even source some of the parts from them and PWS... there seems to be a lot of interest for this between your threads and IRG's Nodak/PWS 180 vapor ware thread.

I would happily buy either a kit or full upper to have this configuration.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RVO View Post
    I would love to see a folding charging handle for these rifles as well. What is the stock option you're talking about?
    they mentioned somewhere that a 1913 to A2 adapter was in the works, just not a priority. Loves me an A2 stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    they mentioned somewhere that a 1913 to A2 adapter was in the works, just not a priority. Loves me an A2 stock.
    Would a MRA Renegade A2 stock adapter work with the Sterling's buffer tube 1913 adapter? Someone at TSE should order one from MRA and try, no need to re-invent the wheel if it works.

CGN Regular
    why would we want some flimsy, janky hack job rather than a part that's designed to do the job? The MRA A2 adapter is a thin plate designed for the back of the MRA receiver.

a 1913 to a2 adapted isn't 'reinventing the wheel' it's just another attachment option that doesn't involve daisy chaining adapters that weren't designed to be daisy chained.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    why would we want some flimsy, janky hack job rather than a part that's designed to do the job? The MRA A2 adapter is a thin plate designed for the back of the MRA receiver.

a 1913 to a2 adapted isn't 'reinventing the wheel' it's just another attachment option that doesn't involve daisy chaining adapters that weren't designed to be daisy chained.
    Fair enough.

I wonder if Sig will make a 1913 A2 adapter for the Spear; if that fits the R18, it should be quite robust.

Does TSE have any plans to bring in the Spear folding 1913 stock to see if it will work with the R18?
    Last edited by Ustauk; 05-23-2022 at 09:07 AM.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    We finally have our A2 adapter concept done and are just waiting for machine time to fit it in.

We will probably have it on the shelves in a month.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    When we get confirmation of results from the new uppers, if things are looking tasty and sales are ramping, up might be worth reaching out to BLK LBL. An integrated bipod handguard would be the bees knees

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    W..... up might be worth reaching out to BLK LBL. An integrated bipod handguard would be the bees knees
    Already done!

We gave them all the cad files of our barrel nut and we are working on coming up with a design that we adapt their awesome rails to our rifle.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    That is the best news I've heard in a hot minute. I know have plans. Looking very much forward to getting my replacement upper and running some more tests. I wasn't sure what the plan was going to be with this thing but assuming good results the plan is fully formed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Any chance for .136" bolt face depth 7.62x39 bolts (ie Grendel Type 2)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12