Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool New Option for Hogue 10/22 Stocks at Dlask Arms Corp.

Cool New Option for Hogue 10/22 Stocks at Dlask Arms Corp.

So one of our employees got himself a 3D printer and has been trying out some rapid prototyping of things that no one else makes. He is from Vancouver Island and likes to take his little plinker off into the bush but there was just no lightweight stock alternative to mount our 8 inch barrel in and not have the forend protrude out past the muzzle itself. So with a little programming he whipped off the first prototype and then with a bit of sanding and tweaking he ended up with this :

Name:  cap 3.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  103.8 KB

It is a little cap that uses two #8 wood screws to attach to the front of a cut down Hogue Overmolded stock to finish the front and make it look less 'Bubba'd' ! We like it so much that we will be offering them for sale. With a standard Overmolded stock and our 8 inch barrel the rifle comes in at 26.375 inches and remains Non-Restricted ( :

Name:  cap 1.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  115.5 KB

The filament he used is very tough (PETG) and I have no problems recommending them to customers. They can come in either 'as printed' where you finish the final sanding part to smooth the outside off or he can sand it down and give it a light aluminum oxide blast so the cap just needs to be attached to your stock.

All in all a really cool little cap to give you the shortest, lightest little bush gun out there !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Cool stuff! If he wants to do a Magpul X-22 with 12.5” carbon barrel, I live in Victoria and he can use my parts for CAD’ing up his design if he tosses me a sample afterward.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Pretty short monopod....
    I thing a mirrored return radius of the finger groove would look nice and feel good. The rounded end of the finger groove profile on hogue stocks makes a nice thumb rest.
    Might have to make it a hair wider to match the radius but it looks close. 3-D printers sure are cool!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    With a standard Overmolded stock and our 8 inch barrel the rifle comes in at 26.375 inches and remains Non-Restricted
    correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the OAL rule only apply if the rifle has a folding or collapsible stock? also do you know if this will work on the normal 10/22 polymer stock or is the Hogue wider?

Following

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzful View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the OAL rule only apply if the rifle has a folding or collapsible stock? also do you know if this will work on the normal 10/22 polymer stock or is the Hogue wider?
    You are wrong. The OAL rule applies to ALL rimfire rifles. It must be no less than 660mm from tip to tip measured at it's shortest distance. If the stock collapses or folds then it must be measured wh collapsed / folded.

Keep in mind, you CAN include a thread on muzzle device in the measurement !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    25"(635mm)

Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    You are wrong. The OAL rule applies to ALL rimfire rifles. It must be no less than 660mm from tip to tip measured at it's shortest distance. If the stock collapses or folds then it must be measured wh collapsed / folded.

Keep in mind, you CAN include a thread on muzzle device in the measurement !
    But shorter than 26 inch shotguns and rifles are ok?
    Rossi Ranch Hand and a number of ultra short barrelled double shotguns come to mind. They are less than 26 inches long, but are non restricted in Canada.

Edited to add; Check out Tactical Imports SS-211 shotgun!

CGN frequent flyer
    If it comes from the factory that way it can be shorter than 660, if you modify it afterwords it has to be over 660. If it collapses or folds shorter then 660 from the factory then it also doesn’t qualify for non restricted.

When we submitted two 870 shotguns that came from the factory with pistol grips they were refused. I called and argued for an hour that the law written says any modification to the rear of the gun to make it fold, collapse etc. to below 660mm would magically make the gun a 'Pistol' because it could be fired one handed whether originally designed that way or not. I just could not believe the BS that came from this man. I wanted to say "I have a Serbu BFG-50A in the safe that I can tuck under an arm and fire one handed. Is that now a 4 foot long, 29 pound pistol ?"

None of this makes sense, none of it. It is the reason no one that enjoys our hobby has respect for the RCMP bureaucracy. They are running all the stops against us knowing that most Canadians will just give up rather than fight them and possibly end up in court or worse.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast