Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Ban

Join Conservative membership to vote
    for Pierre. Join here h ttps://donate.conservative.ca/membership/
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by key west View Post
    From what I have seen and read, the purchase, sale, transfer, or import of new handguns into Canada will be banned.
    They will grandfather the ownership of EXISTING handguns. They gave up on the idea of given powers to the Provinces and cities. That was a non-starter, as we all know.
    Finally, Trudeau admitted that sports and target shooting are legitimate reasons for handgun ownership by responsible citizens, but beyond that, no reason to own a handgun.
    If this buys all of us a few years of peace, then so be it. All in all, this was not as draconian as I'd expected. It sucks that new people or our children will not be able to enjoy a great sport, but Liberals finally get that us law-abiding gun owners have never been the problem.

There are some that will be negative, and say that this is just the beginning of the end, etc... But I believe it could have been one hell of a lot worse today.
    Just go out there and enjoy the range for now. We have earned years of peace today, let's focus on the present.
    This absurd comment will not age well.
    CCFR Member

Look forward to an out right ban next year after the "Assault weapons are bought back! This just keeps the cost lower for the governments next buy back!
    "...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

VOTED SEPT 12 CPC

From what I have seen and read, the purchase, sale, transfer, or import of new handguns into Canada will be banned.
    They will grandfather the ownership of EXISTING handguns. They gave up on the idea of given powers to the Provinces and cities. That was a non-starter, as we all know.
    Finally, Trudeau admitted that sports and target shooting are legitimate reasons for handgun ownership by responsible citizens, but beyond that, no reason to own a handgun.
    If this buys all of us a few years of peace, then so be it. All in all, this was not as draconian as I'd expected. It sucks that new people or our children will not be able to enjoy a great sport, but Liberals finally get that us law-abiding gun owners have never been the problem.

There are some that will be negative, and say that this is just the beginning of the end, etc... But I believe it could have been one hell of a lot worse today.
    Just go out there and enjoy the range for now. We have earned years of peace today, let's focus on the present.

This is the issue though and the long game the liberals are playing. We are already divided amongst even the conservative party about these issues, then we have the people that are ok that they still get to enjoy it but it sucks for everyone else.

The thing I can't stop thinking about is the mom-and-pop shops that will have 1/3 of their inventory frozen even after the original OIC, the grandfather handing down family service pistols, or even people finding a new hobby. This still breaks my heart and I hope it get's stopped.

You are so utterly wrong-headed in your thinking that I don't even know where to begin. Seeing as how you (quite evidently) won't believe anything I have to say anyways, I won't bother. Just don't be surprised when your "earned years of peace" don't materialize the way that you apparently think.....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    You are so utterly wrong-headed in your thinking that I don't even know where to begin. Seeing as how you (quite evidently) won't believe anything I have to say anyways, I won't bother. Just don't be surprised when your "earned years of peace" don't materialize the way that you apparently think.....
    Absolutely agree, this is a very VERY slippery slope

You are joking...right?
    If this is some kind of a satire, you got me.
    If not...I have no words for this.
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    This.

Let’s go guys. It is only $15 to become Conservative member and only then you can vote for Pierre as the leader of the party. Our only hope. I have done mine.
    convinced my whole family on this however i worry he will turn like the Toole, I think we are always under the Bus when it comes to the crunch.
    JT , Keeping Canadians Safe !!

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Join Conservative membership to vote
    for Pierre. Join here h ttps://donate.conservative.ca/membership/
    This ^^^ done!!

This is so full of ####!!

Please explain how banning guns is an admission that (a) target shooting is a legitimate sport (b) gun owners are not the problem!!
    Oh and by the way my kids can still shoot my guns, no need to own it to shoot it, and they are pissed!!