Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425262728293032 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

Not doing any transfers at the moment - but I've called a half dozen times within the last week and only got through to the main-line for RCMP once and then they transferred me to the ON chief firearms officer and it went straight to auto-recording saying call back later. Office has been playing the same recording every time I've called in the past week. Just trying to change my address for Restricted.

Side note: I've only had to wait more than a week for a restricted transfer Once (for my first pistol years back). ever since then I would call the same day I initiated the transfer and keep it up and within a day or 2 it was approved. Really depends on how soon you want it completed - otherwise don't call and you may get lucky in 10-15 business days.
    Si vis pacem parabellum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer powdergun's Avatar
    Well lo and behold one of the transfers completed. Funny thing is it was not the earlier one. I guess the Sask CFO is starting to get through some of the backlog.

Gotta try that Sapper. Otherwise it's an open- ended process at this point! Thanks for the idea.
    Slava Ukraini! Heroyam Slava!

I ordered a handgun from Ronin Sports in Ontario and got a transfer reference number by email from Ronin today. Do I actually need to call in to the CFP/CFO?
    I’ve read that if I am purchasing from a business I do not need to call in to the CFP.

396 calls over 2 days I finally got my transfer completed on 1-6-1. It did also take about a dozen operators on that line before I got someone that would do a restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by wingmaster trent View Post
    I ordered a handgun from Ronin Sports in Ontario and got a transfer reference number by email from Ronin today. Do I actually need to call in to the CFP/CFO?
    I’ve read that if I am purchasing from a business I do not need to call in to the CFP.
    Correct. Sit tight, now you wait for provincial CFO approval before they can ship.

Quebec is pretty much the same....mine was dated June 1st and according to the CFO it should be treated this week. So I guess Quebec has a 10-15 day turn around for transfers too.

Quote Originally Posted by powdergun View Post
    Well lo and behold one of the transfers completed. Funny thing is it was not the earlier one. I guess the Sask CFO is starting to get through some of the backlog.
    What was the order date for which you received your approval? Just trying to imagine a positive outcome for my own transfer.
    The West wants Out!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer powdergun's Avatar
    I ordered one on the June 1st and got my notice yesterday then another on May 31 and got my notice today.

My purchase was also June 1st and got my reference # the next day when I called in at Tenda. I sent it ASAP to the Quebec CFO and just received my transfer notice now which I just emailed in to Tenda with a note to please let me know when they will ship. I read somewhere that it took up to 18 days to ship ad to me that's unacceptable. If this is the case, please notify me the next day and I'll drive up to To Richmond Hill to pick it up.