Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

obviously huge volume for the staff to process compared to pre june 1.

Quote Originally Posted by True Jebus View Post
    Private transfers should be taking a back seat to purchases from retailers.

If I buy from a retailer new then tax is generated.

If I buy someone's sloppy seconds on EE, the transfer is done for free.

People flipping guns should be paying something, at the very least a nominal fee for the transfer.

But a purchase new from a retailer should be done first, in my humble opinion.

Not in a million years. First come first served. We pay for this through our personal taxes. And for God's sake stop with the tax issue, that's the last thing we need is to have governments "ask" us to self assess for GST/HST/Sales tax on a transferred firearm.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty01 View Post
    obviously huge volume for the staff to process compared to pre june 1.
    Yes, we must have the CFOs on our side. Bitching and complaining won't help. They are mostly very nice people doing the best they can. Cannot blame them for the government shortsightedness that caused this mess. Even at the CFP, me calling on a burner number every morning... at least the girl probably thought I was really on vacation in NFLD I called so many times. We have to keep being politely vocal about how f*ng dumb this is to the general public and our MPs. We have to wait, but we will eventually get them. Doubt they will get the ball stopped fast enough. And then what? pew pew! Got some dream ones in the pipe!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.92X33Kurz View Post
    Not in a million years. First come first served. We pay for this through our personal taxes. And for God's sake stop with the tax issue, that's the last thing we need is to have governments "ask" us to self assess for GST/HST/Sales tax on a transferred firearm.
    Obviously the system is not working. So what would you change? Where would the funds come from?

I would just like to see a fee for private transfers. This would be funding and the possibility of accountability in regards to timelines.

Ontario to Ontario through retailer, purchased same day May 30th. One got a reference number on June 6, the other got a reference number on June 14th. It's now 5 weeks waiting for transfer for the first one, and 4 weeks for the second one. No luck yet.

Five weeks for one, and one month for the second respectively and counting. Still waiting. Ontario.

Obviously the system is not working. So what would you change? Where would the funds come from?

I would just like to see a fee for private transfers. This would be funding and the possibility of accountability in regards to timelines.
    Oh yes, fees certainly speed up a government agency’s service to the public, don’t they….

My neighbors well gave up the ghost and he needs a new well drilled. There’s now a $1500.00 township fee for the permit before a well drilling company can start drilling. There never was a permit fee a few years ago, it’s just a money grab.

Maybe I should voluntarily pay some tax on the lawnmower I bought from my neighbor a few months ago. You’re either the taxman’s shill or an out of touch govt employee… Get a grip…
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    Oh yes, fees certainly speed up a government agency’s service to the public, don’t they….

My neighbors well gave up the ghost and he needs a new well drilled. There’s now a $1500.00 township fee for the permit before a well drilling company can start drilling. There never was a permit fee a few years ago, it’s just a money grab.

Maybe I should voluntarily pay some tax on the lawnmower I bought from my neighbor a few months ago. You’re either the taxman’s shill or an out of touch govt employee… Get a grip…
    It is fine to complain, but what is your solution? The issue is resources, how would you get more resources?

Fees could mean more staff doing transfers meaning a quicker turnaround time.

You are "in touch" so what is the solution?

It is fine to complain, but what is your solution? The issue is resources, how would you get more resources?

Fees could mean more staff doing transfers meaning a quicker turnaround time.

You are "in touch" so what is the solution?
    Hire some summer students. Probably half the price of regular employees and work twice as hard.
    Will obviously need RPALs but probably a few students have those.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Hire some summer students. Probably half the price of regular employees and work twice as hard.
    Will obviously need RPALs but probably a few students have those.
    How are you paying them? Where is that money coming from?

And I am not sure students would be appropriate.

I have no idea what the process is to complete a transfer but I am sure it is more then changing a name on a form. So they will need to be trained. Again, where does this money come from?

More money is needed, which means something else gets cut, which is unlikely. Or fees are introduced. It is that simple.

Do you have a better suggestion?