Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

I have tried 100 times today, when I am lucky enough to be put on hold disconnected after 1-15 minutes what the hell

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Quote Originally Posted by toogun View Post
    I spent over 5 hours on the phone yesterday trying to get through to the CFC
    but every time I would get connected I would be on hold for 5-6 minutes up to 30 minutes then the call gets cut off . At 5:00 pm I was on hold then a message came on saying “our office is now closed”. Can’t get through this morning either. I’ve made exactly 190 calls to the CFC and to think that I can’t get through at least once tells me there’s something afoot, like calls being blocked. More Trudope tactics?
    Another 5 hours and 200+ calls and still can’t get through. So I’m calling “BULL####” This is the Liberals dirty tricks tactic to prevent us from going through legal channels and continue to be law abiding gun owners. Getting stonewalled without a moment’s notice, that’s how the government is treating the most law abiding citizens in this country. Remember this BS when election time comes around. If they can do this to firearms owners, that literally pose no threat to anyone, they can pull these dirty tricks on anyone anytime they like. Remember that when you need support for your cause, you will need our support now!

I encourage everyone call 18007314000 press 1-6-1 it will take you to the non restricted transfer people, I called and instantly got a person on the line, they said they could not help me do a restricted transfer and hung up….everyone call and bug these people, if I can get a hold of them they should be able to help

So, I call the CFO just now 4:45, and type in 1, 6, 1...I get an operator right away. "Charlene", indicates that she can indeed internally patch me over to the restricted firearms transfer department, and it gives the same ignore message.
    Their website is also down. Time for another convoy to Ottawa I say!! This time we walk!
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    All I know is after looking at dealer websites, my jaw hit the ground. Most are completely cleaned out. Combined with the current madness on the EE and I am not surprised the phone lines are overloaded. Never seen anything like it.
    CCFR Member

So get this, I have been calling since 8am no luck, pressing 1-4-2….started calling using 1-6-1 three people said they couldn’t help me, the fourth person did the transfer for me…..call and use 1-6-1 and do not let up…IT WORKED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    So get this, I have been calling since 8am no luck, pressing 1-4-2….started calling using 1-6-1 three people said they couldn’t help me, the fourth person did the transfer for me…..call and use 1-6-1 and do not let up…IT WORKED!!!!
    Same here. Done. 5 min hold.

Thank you.

I finally got put on hold with Ontario today at 4:30 but 15 minutes later disconnect never to get actually get on hold again. Exactly 5pm we’re closed try again…
    Called local MP see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by justmessing View Post

Thank you.
    This worked for me as well.
    5 mins on hold. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by justmessing View Post

Thank you.
    I keep getting the same guy, Ian, when i press 1-6-1. He is not transfer trained apparently and keeps transferring me to the "We apologize..." message
    pewpew