Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1020222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

People just need to start doing their jobs, I'm 68 and I've never seen such poor service and organization in the industry sector of our country. No one gives a #### anymore (especially the government) that I've come across and I've worked all over Canada.

I have a suggestion, how about optimizing the process? I do not know the details of transfer process too, but I assume it is all done using modern software and not papers and fax machines (if not that is where it needs to change). So many of checks (RPAL valid, no RedFlag, Not first restricted transfer, ...) all can be done using software.
    So 99% of cases can be automatically approved upon submission, this should free up time for less than 1% that needs to be reviewed by staff. We do not need more people to speed up, we need better transfer process.
    Making guns harder to get legally doesn't make them harder to get illegally. Jay
    Link to Chart : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zIoOPwS9cTHbG6eAD8_QXgkdaFnx7oKc2hhdN-8IZRg/edit#gid=386145428

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I have a suggestion, how about optimizing the process? I do not know the details of transfer process too, but I assume it is all done using modern software and not papers and fax machines (if not that is where it needs to change). So many of checks (RPAL valid, no RedFlag, Not first restricted transfer, ...) all can be done using software.
    So 99% of cases can be automatically approved upon submission, this should free up time for less than 1% that needs to be reviewed by staff. We do not need more people to speed up, we need better transfer process.
    I completely agree, but where does the money come from? That is the main issue here.

Optimization or additional staff would be great, as would better organization. But again, how does it get paid for?

Something else gets cut or fees are introduced. There is no third option. If there is please let me know.

Same place as all new government new initiatives come from. When government want to introduce something new , they are always able to find the budget for it.
    An example of source of money, due to inflation taxes have increased as well, so there is surplus to budget relative to prediction. How about redirecting some of that toward optimizing and possibly reducing cost of a program?

Another example is, government asked for new license validation of non-restricted purchases staring May 18. New functionality added to website, staff workload is increased due to call for license validation, etc. Where did the money came? or just slowed down the restricted transfers?
    Last edited by Wolf; 07-12-2022 at 12:10 PM. Reason: adding may 18
    Making guns harder to get legally doesn't make them harder to get illegally. Jay
    Link to Chart : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zIoOPwS9cTHbG6eAD8_QXgkdaFnx7oKc2hhdN-8IZRg/edit#gid=386145428

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Same place as all new government new initiatives come from. When government want to introduce something new , they are always able to find the budget for it.
    An example of source of money, due to inflation taxes have increased as well, so there is surplus to budget relative to prediction. How about redirecting some of that toward optimizing and possibly reducing cost of a program?

Another example is, government asked for new license validation of non-restricted purchases staring May 18. New functionality added to website, staff workload is increased due to call for license validation, etc. Where did the money came? or just slowed down the restricted transfers?
    So that would take some time and negotiation. The majority of Canadians would want the money spent elsewhere. I don’t see Trudeau increasing funding for the firearms program anytime soon. It would need to go through the budget process.

So we are still in the same place.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by True Jebus View Post
    So that would take some time and negotiation. The majority of Canadians would want the money spent elsewhere. I don’t see Trudeau increasing funding for the firearms program anytime soon. It would need to go through the budget process.

I have a real easy solution, stop making dumb laws that create a general panic in the community! Geez we're buying like ppl bought toilet paper early COVID lol!!!

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by True Jebus View Post

I have a real easy solution, stop making dumb laws that create a general panic in the community! Geez we're buying like ppl bought toilet paper early COVID lol!!!

I think in normal circumstances things work somewhat fine. Had no problems before here in QC.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Henryboy View Post

I think in normal circumstances things work somewhat fine. Had no problems before here in QC.
    Great solution. That solves all our problems.

And there are no problems in QC. The Louisiana of Canada! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Henryboy View Post

Exactly…its called foresight and planning…something the current Gov is incapable of. Time for the circus to get out of town. Next election can’t come soon enuf.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by northfork View Post
    Exactly…its called foresight and planning…something the current Gov is incapable of. Time for the circus to get out of town. Next election can’t come soon enuf.
    You need to run for office. Great idea.