Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

Got a approval yesterday morning, forwarded it to IRG and it was in the mail that afternoon. Just picked it up from the post office!.

IRG has super fast shipping.

It is literally a form of abuse and psychological torture.
    Many, myself included, have parents with substantial collections representing a significant investment that may not get passed on. Ripping tens' of thousands of dollars out of law abiding, no problem causing citizens is completely disheartening, demoralizing and unjust. I wish there were more long gun shooters that realize this.
    Not being able to get an ATT in a timely manner is a HUGE issue as well. If you are traveling out of province - as many competitive shooters do, and something happens in your travel plans, you are completely screwed. Gunsmithing....good luck with that too. This is calculated, deliberate attack to try and break the firearms community.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I have never owned handguns and have no desire to, but to hear about this type of frustration, and how the government is making life so difficult for the LAW-ABIDING citizens, gets my blood boiling. It does seem to be the plan regarding legal handgun owners to: Frustrate them, make legal transfers super difficult, paint them into a corner, and hope that they would just give up their handguns. What's next? Confiscate the items forcefully and destroy them?!
    The CRIMINALS remain UNTOUCHED, because they never have to "abide" by ANY rules and regulations as they simply CONTINUE using illegal firearms in committing crimes and victimizing everyone in the society. My rifles and shotguns are safely stored, so if I get attacked by a criminal in my own house, I will likely be charged if I use a broomstick to defend my family!
    America is crazy because of their super easy firearm ownership rules but Canada is going in a different - still WRONG - direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilmoneyy View Post
    Damn! If AB is the fastest province then I'm feeling terrible for everyone else.
    AB is not the fastest, BC is.
    i'm in AB, ordered june 1 from AB retailer, initiated transfer June 4th... still nothing.

Im in ontario. Ive got a few on order from a store here. Im over 5 weeks. Haven't got the transfer for the first one yet. But previously before the announcement of the freeze, I was a solid month waiting on a transfer. So I was kind of expecting this.
    I like pistols

Purchased a toy. Retailer took 14 days to initiate the transfer. BC CFO took 3 weeks to approve.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer abbynormal's Avatar
    Shop initiated a transfer June 3rd with the BC CFO.

6 weeks later, nothing but crickets ......

CGN Regular
    Got 2 transfer done in the same email for 2 purchased done in 2 different provinces and at 2 different dates. Took 5 weeks. It is very different from 1 province to another. I am in Qc. There is hope

Do CFOs always approve transfers in the order of Ref#? I got my first TN letter yesterday from CFO Ontario, for a transfer initiated on Jun 1st. However, I have other transfers with lower Ref# that I haven't received any update. BTW, the one I got was a private transfer, but those I haven't heard about were from dealers. So, how do they process the requests?

Still waiting on a transfer initiated June 6th. Quebec

Quote Originally Posted by rocdon View Post
    Do CFOs always approve transfers in the order of Ref#? I got my first TN letter yesterday from CFO Ontario, for a transfer initiated on Jun 1st. However, I have other transfers with lower Ref# that I haven't received any update. BTW, the one I got was a private transfer, but those I haven't heard about were from dealers. So, how do they process the requests?
    They're supposed to be doing it in order as they received them. I got through to the CFO yesterday and they approved a sale transfer I initiated about 2 weeks ago, but she said I'd have to wait for the purchase transfer from a store from last week, and said they're still working through the first 2-3 weeks of June transfers, out here in BC.