Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by abbynormal View Post
    Shop initiated a transfer June 3rd with the BC CFO.

6 weeks later, nothing but crickets ......
    I thought I was alone being ignored. I'm in a similar situation as you.

CGN Regular
    Well well well! Bought May 31, ref 589---, received approval this morning.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    I purchased a PSA Dagger from IRUNGUNS on June 11th.

I haven't bugged IRUNGUNS for the Ref# as it won't speed anything up, but I do wonder when the Ontario CFO will approve the transfer?

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I purchased a PSA Dagger from IRUNGUNS on June 11th.

I haven't bugged IRUNGUNS for the Ref# as it won't speed anything up, but I do wonder when the Ontario CFO will approve the transfer?

Cheers
    Jay
    I got a reference number for my FDE dagger purchased a week ago, called the AB CFO and got it approved. Just waiting for IRG to ship it now. Not sure if it’s in the country or not. Wouldn’t hurt to try with the Ontario CFO

Thanks rocdon for updating as you have given some hope for Ontario transfers (to me anyways). I purchased privately (Quebec to Ontario) May 30 and got through to CFP June 10 with a ref #starting with 5928*** so 5 weeks ago to the day. Putting this out there as a marker to see how long in between your June 1 private sale and my June 10th takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcost View Post
    I thought I was alone being ignored. I'm in a similar situation as you.
    We're all being ignored equally.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

After 6 weeks here in Winnipeg, the seller and I were finally able to get a hold of someone on the transfer line. Squared everything away today, now I have to wait for the final approval. We even went the route of mailing in their form. I called 2 weeks after the projected delivery date standard and they still had nothing on file for this particular transfer.

We started 1 Jun and finally I was able to get through today to complete the transfer, not sure how long the approval will take. Fingers crossed.

Like mentioned above. purchased privately on 31 May, actioned today.

Congrats!!
    I purchsed the same day and got the number on Jun 1st. A lady in CFO AB helped me out even though I am in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    I got a reference number for my FDE dagger purchased a week ago, called the AB CFO and got it approved. Just waiting for IRG to ship it now. Not sure if it’s in the country or not. Wouldn’t hurt to try with the Ontario CFO

You got a transfer from a week old purchase? Been waiting well over a month for a few of mine to go through. Starting to wonder what’s going on at the AB CFO office.
    Last edited by AnonymousM00SE; 07-15-2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Missed quote

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousM00SE View Post
    You got a transfer from a week old purchase? Been waiting well over a month for a few of mine to go through. Starting to wonder what’s going on at the AB CFO office.
    I got 2 super quick out the gate. Now I'm into a month as well on 2 others. No privates have gone thru for my sales.