Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536

Thread: Handgun Transfer

Follow up. Waiting on a few. June 6th was first one. Ontario store to me in Ontario.

Nothing.

GOING ON ALMOST 2 MONTHS BOYS!!!!! So if your waiting on an early June order still I think this is normal at the moment.
    I like pistols

Quote Originally Posted by gunguyyyc View Post
    Generally the businesses don't provide the reference number to the buyer though they probably could if you asked for it. As the buyer when purchasing from a business you do not need to call the CFC to complete the transfer, that is automatic. Also of note with the recent run on handguns is that some CFO's (Alberta for instance) are not sending the confirmation emails directly to the retailer when the transfer is complete, so the buyer has to make sure they forward the approval to the retailer when they get it.
    I've several reports of other CFOs (like Ontario) also failing to notify businesses and not sending email confirmations of completed transfers.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
    Follow up. Waiting on a few. June 6th was first one. Ontario store to me in Ontario.

Nothing.

GOING ON ALMOST 2 MONTHS BOYS!!!!! So if your waiting on an early June order still I think this is normal at the moment.
    June 6 here too--5913xxx On store to me in On.

5955xxx alberta private little over a month now. Called to check see if my account was flagged for sales and purchase.
    Said 8 to 10weeks now. If your trying to call in and you turn your caller id off you won't get disconnected it will go to the next available person in whatever office feels like answering it seems.

Trying to navigate these waters. Waiting on 2 transfers here in Ontario. Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether the CFO or Firearms Act “REQUIRES” an active range membership in Ontario to purchase? Only looking for Ontario replies. Thanks all.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSGITW View Post
    Trying to navigate these waters. Waiting on 2 transfers here in Ontario. Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether the CFO or Firearms Act “REQUIRES” an active range membership in Ontario to purchase? Only looking for Ontario replies. Thanks all.
    You can always get a membership from Silvercore. Its only like $50 and satisfies the horse cops
    Money talks, BS walks.

DO NOT expect me to hold items without prior discussion or payment.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSGITW View Post
    Not required in Ontario.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

No you don't need an active club membership in onterrible

BANNED
    Last edited by Jay; 03-09-2023 at 06:24 AM.