Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

Glad I could be of service gents! From what i am gathering is that they put the newbies on that line…but if you get lucky you get someone who has worked there a while like I did…..fastest transfer ever!

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    So get this, I have been calling since 8am no luck, pressing 1-4-2….started calling using 1-6-1 three people said they couldn’t help me, the fourth person did the transfer for me…..call and use 1-6-1 and do not let up…IT WORKED!!!!
    Millions of thanks, I tried this option as well and it really worked.

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Glad I could be of service gents! From what i am gathering is that they put the newbies on that line…but if you get lucky you get someone who has worked there a while like I did…..fastest transfer ever!

Dude you need a medal. 5min transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I have never owned handguns and have no desire to, but to hear about this type of frustration, and how the government is making life so difficult for the LAW-ABIDING citizens, gets my blood boiling. It does seem to be the plan regarding legal handgun owners to: Frustrate them, make legal transfers super difficult, paint them into a corner, and hope that they would just give up their handguns. What's next? Confiscate the items forcefully and destroy them?!
    The CRIMINALS remain UNTOUCHED, because they never have to "abide" by ANY rules and regulations as they simply CONTINUE using illegal firearms in committing crimes and victimizing everyone in the society. My rifles and shotguns are safely stored, so if I get attacked by a criminal in my own house, I will likely be charged if I use a broomstick to defend my family!
    America is crazy because of their super easy firearm ownership rules but Canada is going in a different - still WRONG - direction.
    Agreed...and unfortunately gun crime will continue because as you say business as usual for criminals. But instead of saying oh these stupid laws/bans/freezes aren't working and we're targeting the wrong folks, they'll say oh we have to come up with more draconian rules.
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

Trudeau and his laughable plan to curb gun violence is only adding value to blackmarket handguns and increasing incentives to smuggle in more.

CGN Regular
    It would be nice if they at least took your call once you get in the hold pattern. Even Ticketmaster can do it...FFS.

1-6-1

Did 1 6 1 and they just transferred me to the transfer unit and then it hung up on me

Yeah been trying all morning both lines. No luck at all.

After calling and punching in 1-4-2 about 200 times over the last 2 days with no luck, I tried 1-6-1. Margaret from the RCMP answered and initiated the transfer for me without question! I asked if I could conference call the buyer to complete the transfer once my portion was complete and she said yes. Both sides of the transfer completed in about 4 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up "cman". !