Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

The final approval comes from the CFO in the province you reside, if you were a resident of Ontario chances are good you would still be waiting.

Ordered online June 1st from an Ontario shop. Alberta CFO received transfer request on the 2nd. Transfer processed yesterday on the 6th.
    Last edited by Sharkdogg; 06-07-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Same issue . I`m in Yukon multiple calls multiple days . What are we to do . ??? How can this even be alowed to happen ? Where are the gun law lobyist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkdogg View Post
    Ordered online June 1st from an Ontario shop. Alberta CFO received transfer request on the 2nd. Transfer processed yesterday on the 6th.
    Hopefully that means mine is about the same!

Quote Originally Posted by ern_895 View Post
    Same issue . I`m in Yukon multiple calls multiple days . What are we to do . ??? How can this even be alowed to happen ? Where are the gun law lobyist ?
    I've stopped calling for now, I waisted too many days being a zombie punching buttons on the phone. I found the RCMP 5492 form online and mailed in my transfers. Had both parties fill out their portions, and called it a day. Hopefully they have staff to process them, and hopefully if they don't get to it before a potential "freeze", the date is proof to allow the transfers to be completed.

This might be an option for you too, as the phone is impossible to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxs View Post
    One would really think that with the increased volume more staff could be allocated to help out, In a business sense this would be increasing customer service. I am not sure the process for gun retailers but it does seem the system is not working or intentially so.
    I doubt the CFOs were even told this was coming... it's probably peak vacation time for most of them.
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities" - Pierre E. Trudeau

Anyone in BC had a resticted transfer go through in the last few days?

Can't get through in BC to Transfer handgun.

Solid advice - but I only found form 5624. Are they the same or can you link please for the pdf? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerTech View Post
    I've stopped calling for now, I waisted too many days being a zombie punching buttons on the phone. I found the RCMP 5492 form online and mailed in my transfers. Had both parties fill out their portions, and called it a day. Hopefully they have staff to process them, and hopefully if they don't get to it before a potential "freeze", the date is proof to allow the transfers to be completed.

This might be an option for you too, as the phone is impossible to get through.

Are you guys calling for your own transfers? Does the shop not do this for you?