Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Bill C21 - concerning handgun transfer

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    Yes the bill will go through all necessary readings (2 more) and the Senate. It is just tabled now, nothing more.
    Yes, you can go to the range with your handguns. Even if the bill will receive Royal Assent and become the law of the country, you will be able to shoot your handguns.
    Also, remember that JT and his entourge will not stay in power forever. The last two elections he had just minority. It is also possible that he would be gone in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I'm not holding my breath. I predicted this when Chretien was in power and brought in the registry. I still remember when Allan Rocked Stated the goal was to eventually ban all guns in Canada. Under this bill we are almost there. In 10 years maybe 15 years all guns will have been banned

I am old enough to even remember Trudeau Senior but I'm a bit more optimistic. Chretien's gun registry is in a garbage can. Allan Rock is long gone and we still have 20 milions (and perhaps more?) guns in Canada. We need two terms of good concervative government to get back to some balance. I still think it's doable but it will involve a hard work.
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by A&Shuntr View Post
    How does one get to be an "elite" sports shooter recognized blah blah blah if they never will be able to buy equipment to start with...
    Good question. Is there a special license or certificate one could get?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    Also, remember that JT and his entourage will not stay in power forever. The last two elections he had just minority. It is also possible that he would be gone in the meantime.
    Here is hoping, but he is a perfect example of what you can achieve in Canadian politics when only 15% of the population votes for your party. How much money will he give to the Canadian media next time. The Libs have their new media and free speech suppression strategies. The threat of freezing your bank accounts if you support legal exercises of free speech, etc...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    What this means is all the people who couldn't give a ##it about voting were going to the ballot to vote Ford in to avoid a handgun ban. Now that it's here from ��, they won't show up since it voids their concern. It absolutely means more votes for the liberals in Ontario.
    That is a smart take, though I notice that Yahoo pretty much conceded the election to Ford, today. Of course that can be characterized as suppression also, though not normally. Also, I doubt that taking away the handgun issue actually moves any voters, who will now feel free to come out for the liberals.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_s View Post
    No, it doesn't come into affect until the bill is passed according to the PMs office.... doesn't mean they wont try to be sneaky and get something passed us sooner...buy while you can.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 04-21-2023 at 08:49 AM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

SO ..What's the deal with going to a range. Will this be banned?
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    Or make the transfer system unavailable.
    Called 51 times today, got through to Hold 4 times for a total of 39 minutes and each time, the call dropped for no reason.
    That's how I'd do it.
    I'm getting similar results. On hold for my third time after calling 70 times. Hopefully this one makes it to a human.
    pewpew

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    Or make the transfer system unavailable.
    Called 51 times today, got through to Hold 4 times for a total of 39 minutes and each time, the call dropped for no reason.
    That's how I'd do it.
    Or you know, the number of people trying to call the CFP right now is enormous, and their phone system can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    SO ..What's the deal with going to a range. Will this be banned?
    As of right now the only thing they are banning is transfers. Your ability to USE the guns is not changing with this particular piece of legislation.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Good question. Is there a special license or certificate one could get?
    You will be "good to go" as soon as you make the Canadian squad in one of the (few) remaining handgun disciplines officially recognized by the Olympic/Paralympic committees either as an athlete or coach.

Good luck with that, and all :-)

At least they won't have to leave the country to train like they have to in the U.K.

Anyone have reference to stats that show how many guns related crimes committed in relation to the how the gun is obtained?

I keep hearing government officials quotes but I can’t find official stats.

If anyone know, please share.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay