Thread: Handgun Sales are Brisk Today

Handgun Sales are Brisk Today

As a result of the Federal Gov. proposing new draconian legislation banning the importation and sale of all handguns, sales are very high today. As of this post the feds are still allowing handgun transfers from our business to individuals. We have not been given any specific direction from the feds regarding handgun transfers, so it is business as usual. Similar increased sales for non restricted firearms a few weeks ago was also at all time high for our business. Thankfully we had fairly deep inventories of many non restricted and restricted guns however they are starting to run thin.

I can't offer any non biased info about this being the last opportunity to buy handguns and get grandfathered into whatever class will be described. I can only state that from past personal experienced I am glad I am in the 12(5) and 12(6) classes from years ago and many people I know are upset they didn't get in when they had a chance. If you contact us by email, phone or in person you may have a longer than normal wait so please be patient. I can answer PM's for info but it would be difficult to initiate a sale from there. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

We are busier today in the store than any day since we have been business, even days leading up to the May 18 deadline for non restricted sales. If your phoning in we might not pick up the call on your first try...sorry we are trying to catch up as best we can and we are selling out on many makes and models. Phil.
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Phil, you have an in with the Alberta CFO (Terry Briant…????)

Any comments from her about this crap? I know firearms laws are federal, but I hope Albertans have a leg to stand on and fight this/draft our own legislation….
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Phil, you have an in with the Alberta CFO (Terry Briant…????)

Any comments from her about this crap? I know firearms laws are federal, but I hope Albertans have a leg to stand on and fight this/draft our own legislation….
    Yes, I read on reddit an article from her. It's on the msm so shouldn't be hard to find. She personally has five figures of handguns she's losing.

And Phil, I sure hope you guys will be able to survive this.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infidel29 View Post
    Yes, I read on reddit an article from her. It's on the msm so shouldn't be hard to find. She personally has five figures of handguns she's losing.

And Phil, I sure hope you guys will be able to survive this.
    Loosing? Isn't this a stop on importation and sale? Not confiscation? I am sure down the road it would turn to confiscation but not now!??
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Loosing? Isn't this a stop on importation and sale? Not confiscation? I am sure down the road it would turn to confiscation but not now!??
    Its not confiscation but what else do you call it when she can't EVER sell, trade, or even give away multiple thousands of dollars worth of collectables??
    I'd call that losing -- Big Time
    *WANTED*
    Remington Model 8 and FN 1900 rifles/parts - PM me!

Our CFO has expressed her views on this legislation and of course she is personally and professionally against it. The Feds have made our handguns valueless in the near future. Note that there was no mention of compensation for handguns and the so called "assault style weapons" ban has yet to identify how much they will handout in tax payers money to those victimized by this system. Phil.
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Going from $10k to near zero? I'd sure call that losing.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

We were able to get a last shipment of Glock 48 (9mm) @$665 and Smith &Wesson M&P M2.0 (9mm) @$845 from a Canadian distributor. These have not arrived yet but we do have serial numbers that we are waiting to have put in our inventory...many have been sold but a few are remaining so if you are interested please send us an email or phone call. We are unable to take sales through PM's at this time. Hopefully these guns will be in shortly and available for retail sale.

We still are very busy as even with non restricted guns and lots of ammo, magazines (full size and pinned (not cut down) are going out the door. Again to all those who have waited patiently on the phone and in the store we thank you. Keep buying guns and keep the Liberals angry and confused. We are still buying out collections and estates and while I am not happy seeing anyone get out of our sport and industry I understand what you are going through. Phil.
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945