Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Inventory Update

CGN Regular
    Any news on that Glock shipment ? Specifically g19s

Quote Originally Posted by Ershwin View Post
    Any news on that Glock shipment ? Specifically g19s
    I would be shocked to any meaningful shipments of any worthwhile(Glock, Sig etc) pistols anytime in the next month or more.

No one is going to be ordering until the summer break starts and they know there's no OIC coming. Then there's going to be a rush in August, with that being pretty much the last of new handguns you'll ever see for sale. With parliament restarting in the fall, dealers won't want to risk sitting potentially worthless stock.

You could make an argument that this is probably it right now, the end...

But this is just one guys opinion.
    Tiocfaidh Ár Lá - Éirinn Go Brách

Quote Originally Posted by Hypox!a View Post
    I would be shocked to any meaningful shipments of any worthwhile(Glock, Sig etc) pistols anytime in the next month or more.

No one is going to be ordering until the summer break starts and they know there's no OIC coming. Then there's going to be a rush in August, with that being pretty much the last of new handguns you'll ever see for sale. With parliament restarting in the fall, dealers won't want to risk sitting potentially worthless stock.

You could make an argument that this is probably it right now, the end...

But this is just one guys opinion.
    I believe the Libs specifically mentioned late September when asked when the new laws would take effect (OIC). Why would retailers wait until it's closer to that date than to buy now? It's now or never. The risk of the OIC will always be here, but the closer we get to the fall, the more likely it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    I believe the Libs specifically mentioned late September when asked when the new laws would take effect (OIC). Why would retailers wait until it's closer to that date than to buy now? It's now or never. The risk of the OIC will always be here, but the closer we get to the fall, the more likely it becomes.
    The OIC can be put into effect at a moments notice. But the bill aspect wont start until the fall. The summer break for parliament doesn't start until the 20th, so they still have 11 days to drop an OIC. But if they do, any current handgun stock will no longer be able to be transferred, at least not without a lot of headaches. That's a big risk for a lot of dealers. Hence why I believe they'll wait out the next two weeks, then start a big push for summer, followed by a total halt come fall.
    Tiocfaidh Ár Lá - Éirinn Go Brách

CGN frequent flyer
    I haven't heard anything from Nordic since last Thursday. I was told on the phone that they hoped it would only take a few days to get serial #s for the next Glock shipment, but we clearly dont live in normal times.
    My CC was charged for the g34 that was sold to someone else in-store, so I'm hopeful that someone can find time to give an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    I haven't heard anything from Nordic since last Thursday. I was told on the phone that they hoped it would only take a few days to get serial #s for the next Glock shipment, but we clearly dont live in normal times.
    My CC was charged for the g34 that was sold to someone else in-store, so I'm hopeful that someone can find time to give an update.
    How do you know?

CGN frequent flyer
    How do I know that the gun I ordered online was sold to someone else in store?
    Nordic called me a couple hours afterwards and told me on the phone. It was apparently sold to two of us online, but a third person who was physically in-store ended up with it. Sounded like he had his hands on it first, so I'm OK with it.
    Not sure how two of us bought it online at the same time though. Maybe their system was just slow to update inventory? Crap happens.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    SECU almost farged us over today... and would have, had the Conservatives not denied the unanimous passing of the motion.

Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    SECU almost farged us over today... and would have, had the Conservatives not denied the unanimous passing of the motion.
    what are you talking about? I don't see any SECU meetings related to firearms from today. Looks like the last time there was a meeting about them was April 7th 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by nillerson View Post
    what are you talking about? I don't see any SECU meetings related to firearms from today. Looks like the last time there was a meeting about them was April 7th 2022.
    It's true unfortunately, luckily it failed, but there's a chance it will succeed next week when they said they'll review it again (June 14)