Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Urgent calling all IPSC Black Badge competitors

Runkle explains "when does this kick in?" starting at 6:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amRgFSwVkDo
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDanz View Post
    I've written my MLA.

If anyone wants to copy and paste. Feel free...

Hon. Mr. Flemming,

The new handgun freeze in bill c21 effectively stops Canadians from participating in the Internation Practical Shooting Confederation. This confederation is an action shooting league that is being considered for entry into the Olympic Games. There are over 4000 members in BC alone. Every two weeks there are matches at the Vancouver Island Malahat Gun Range that have a regular attendance numbers of 100 shooters, and there are two official qualifier matches per year on the island that have 200 registered shooters. It is very popular. One in eighty residents on Vancouver Island is a member of Malahat.

I am writing you today for two reasons. The first reason is to point out that a person is more likely to be struck by lightning than murdered by a registered, legal handgun owner. This freeze will spend valuable resources on punishing people that do not commit crime. Sports shooters are not gang bangers. But I suspect you are already aware of this. However, you may not be aware of IPSC and how without hand guns, we can no longer participate in our sport, and new shooters can never join. A handgun freeze directly effects sports shooters, which the Liberal government has promised not to do. Yet, here we are.

The handgun freeze legislation does have provisions for Olympic shooters and coaches to continue to have access to new restricted firearms registrations and transfers. Please consider suggesting to add IPSC members and coaches to this group of individuals.

Please consider opposing bill c21 out right. The money spent on this could hire law enforcement. It could hire boarder security and inspection personnel. The vast majory of crime guns come from America. This money could save thousands more lives by having monitored safe injection sites and drug abuse counseling.

"Banning handguns and assault rifles" sure sounds good to the uneducated and uninformed. Be the leader Canada needs. Don't cave in to peer pressure. Shine light on this abuse of tax payers money and time. And shine light on the abuse of honest, hard working, front line Canadian IPSC sports shooters.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    big bear

Contacted our NDP member NO REPLY she will only vote along NDP party lines Sorry not much help

From my local conservative mp Rachael Thomas

Thank you for writing to me regarding Bill C-21.

Bill C-21 proposes a national freeze on the importing, buying, selling or otherwise transferring of handguns in Canada and increases the allowable penalties for gun smuggling and trafficking. Instead of taking measures that would actually reduce gun violence in Canada, the Liberals are targeting our highly-vetted firearms owners who follow the law.

Conservatives have always stood for common sense firearm safety and strong consequences for those who commit firearms offenses. Canadians know that criminals don’t register their firearms; they don’t purchase them from legal sources; and they don’t respect laws around the storage or use of them. For this reason, my Conservative colleagues and I continue to propose measures that target the real causes of gun violence: organized crime and gun smuggling. Tough on Crime legislation should be central to the actions of a government wanting to look out for the safety and security of Canadians.

The Liberals talk a big game about gun crime, but the fact is they are going soft on the real gun criminals and weakening the law where it counts. Bill C-5, introduced as Bill C-22 in the last Parliament, would amend the Criminal Code to take away mandatory jail time for violent gun crime and allow those criminals to serve under house arrest in our communities. This would make our neighborhoods less safe and more at risk of future gun violence.
    This is about politics, not gun safety, and it is at the expense of everyday Canadians who are being victimized in their own communities by rising gun violence committed by gangs and dangerous criminals. Since the Liberals were elected in 2015, gun crime has gone up steadily each year, despite their arbitrary bans and their complicated and expensive buy-back program. The facts do not lie. The soft-on-crime strategy does not help, nor does going after law-abiding firearm owners, and yet, the Liberals are doubling down on these failed strategies and hoping Canadians aren’t looking at the stats.

Canadians are tired of false promises. Bill C-21 once again proves the Liberals are focused on headlines not on safety.

While the Liberal plan continues to fail and gun violence continues to go up, Conservatives will stay focused on tackling gun crime, making communities safer, and advocating for law-abiding Canadians.

I appreciate that you have raised the impacts of this punitive legislation on the International Practical Shooting Confederation and Olympic shooters so that I may further raise these concerns as the bill is debated.

In addition to writing to me, I would encourage you to share these concerns with the Minister of Public Safety. The Minister needs to hear directly from the law-abiding Canadians who are impacted by these problematic pieces of legislation: marco.mendicino@parl.gc.ca.

Thank you again for writing to me and please accept my best wishes.

Sent the email to my MP, not sure it will help or not, but dont want to keep silence. Good luck, all IPSC members.

Very excellent relationship with my MP, usually just call them as well as writing, writing the senate today, Viewing this thread I've noticed a few things bout our community. and some things we are missing out on.

1) John at wolverine is amazing pillar of the community.

2) He gave all of you a basic task, and most of you couldn't even do that regardless of if you compete or not.

3) For a community that seems to align itself with freedom and self reliance, we seem to rely on other people a lot when it comes to advocacy. Giving 5$ once is not enough.

4) Most of you aren't doing much for advocacy. You can tell who volunteers for things, or donates 9/10 times. Either with a political party or with one of the gun advocacy groups. You need to spend the average amount, of one firearm purchase per year on one of your advocacy groups, as per the new Alberta CFO Terri who is an amazing woman.

5) We need to take a NEW shooter to the range, mentor them through the process, get them their PAL/RPAL yes it takes time, its worth it. Putting a gun in someone's hands will always be more the most effective form of advocacy you can do. How many of you have tried this? How many have consistently done it? I got a Hard left woman into guns, after she lost her AR she's notably less Hard left, damn near center now.

6) Shut up about the WEF, Soros, Klaus Shwab etc. you sound like an absolute deranged lunatic the millisecond you mention it, yes they are a HUUUUGE problem for now and for the future of many countries, HOWEVER if you start ranting to your average Canadian who doesn't know or even care what your talking about the second you mention guns, they will begin to think "oh that's a gun owner? I don't want them owning guns" need to be more subtle, think a feather instead of a baseball bat of truth. Ease them into it, everyone loves the boiling frog analogy these days.

7)We do a brutal job of Policing our own. The stupid never gets corrected when we encounter it either.

8) Our community is the biggest glowing example of the Dunning Krueger effect in action. If you don't know what that is research it. You should know what is and how to spot it.

9) We need to learn to shut up when its important or appropriate.

10) You can convert fudds, most are just too lazy to try.

11) Your weird red dawn fantasy where your the hero isn't going to happen. Nor are you going to overthrow the govt with any sort of gorilla operation al la Louis Riel. Logistics alone will doom you from the start, and you will be taking a leisurely cruise down the digestive tract of a coyote in about a week. Given the size and physical fitness level of a decent portion of the gun community they will be feeding yotes for months. Get fit. Also I have no problem if your hobby is getting prepped up and properly trained up for said red dawn, there's benefit to that, you gain proficiency and learn new skills like first aid and communication for example( if you don't have your ham radio license, you should) and changes your outlook on things in both a negative and positive way. However the odds are slim, of such a thing happening. Perhaps your time and resources are best used elsewhere. Again get fit. This fat F*** is working on getting fit.

12) Not enough gun owners are engaged in competition, and we need to quit knocking other disciplines. Actually compete. If you hunt, competing is a great way to retain skill year round. You get like one month to hunt, you have 11 you could be practicing and competing.

13)As cringe as the airsoft community is( like the REV fertile crescent larpers as opposed the true MILSIM guys) we need to start welcoming them into our space, that kid that runs an airsoft Glock or Hicappa 1911 is probably going to want a real one when they are old enough that's, a feeder activity for us. Plus things like MILSIM West and Crossfire Look decently fun.

14) Airsoft is cheap practice for handling and manipulation of your firearm. Don't look down on it, also its likely your only chance to have an m249 on your wall.

15) There is a huge disconnect between the gun community and regular gun owners still, we still need to keep preaching to the choir cause we are unbelievably out of tune.

16) Your avaerage non gun owning Canadian doesn't give 2 ####s about us losing our guns, they care about being able to feed themselves and their families, not lose their house and the price of gas. They would throw our entire community under the bus in a heartbeat to make those 3 things more affordable, recognize that when you talk to people.

I have no doubt this will bring nothing but good thoughtful discussion and will not go off the rails in any way at all...
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Time to bump this back to the top for more action. We must spread the word on this action before it is two late, every day every hour counts!

We don't have to limit this appeal just to IPSC, all handgun disciplines should make their voice heard, Cowboy Action and IDPA are just two examples.
    thanks for this
    Yes, lots of active shooters are elites in their own right, any infringement on sports and recreation should be fought
    Never say 'whoa' in the middle of a mud hole.

Also all those target shooters who aren't interested in competing except in improving their skills.
    We tend to be forgotten amidst all the elite alphabet soup groups with lots of money.
    Can we at least agree all gun owners should be represented (whether airsoft, shotgun, rifle, or handgun)?
    Why does the bill stop transfers among legal gun owners? How does this help anything?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
    Very excellent relationship with my MP, usually just call them as well as writing, writing the senate today, Viewing this thread I've noticed a few things bout our community. and some things we are missing out on.

1) John at wolverine is amazing pillar of the community.

2) He gave all of you a basic task, and most of you couldn't even do that regardless of if you compete or not.

3) For a community that seems to align itself with freedom and self reliance, we seem to rely on other people a lot when it comes to advocacy. Giving 5$ once is not enough.

4) Most of you aren't doing much for advocacy. You can tell who volunteers for things, or donates 9/10 times. Either with a political party or with one of the gun advocacy groups. You need to spend the average amount, of one firearm purchase per year on one of your advocacy groups, as per the new Alberta CFO Terri who is an amazing woman.

5) We need to take a NEW shooter to the range, mentor them through the process, get them their PAL/RPAL yes it takes time, its worth it. Putting a gun in someone's hands will always be more the most effective form of advocacy you can do. How many of you have tried this? How many have consistently done it? I got a Hard left woman into guns, after she lost her AR she's notably less Hard left, damn near center now.

6) Shut up about the WEF, Soros, Klaus Shwab etc. you sound like an absolute deranged lunatic the millisecond you mention it, yes they are a HUUUUGE problem for now and for the future of many countries, HOWEVER if you start ranting to your average Canadian who doesn't know or even care what your talking about the second you mention guns, they will begin to think "oh that's a gun owner? I don't want them owning guns" need to be more subtle, think a feather instead of a baseball bat of truth. Ease them into it, everyone loves the boiling frog analogy these days.

7)We do a brutal job of Policing our own. The stupid never gets corrected when we encounter it either.

8) Our community is the biggest glowing example of the Dunning Krueger effect in action. If you don't know what that is research it. You should know what is and how to spot it.

9) We need to learn to shut up when it's important or appropriate.

10) You can convert fudds, most are just too lazy to try.

11) Your weird red dawn fantasy where your the hero isn't going to happen. Nor are you going to overthrow the govt with any sort of gorilla operation al la Louis Riel. Logistics alone will doom you from the start, and you will be taking a leisurely cruise down the digestive tract of a coyote in about a week. Given the size and physical fitness level of a decent portion of the gun community they will be feeding yotes for months. Get fit. Also I have no problem if your hobby is getting prepped up and properly trained up for said red dawn, there's benefit to that, you gain proficiency and learn new skills like first aid and communication for example( if you don't have your ham radio license, you should) and changes your outlook on things in both a negative and positive way. However the odds are slim, of such a thing happening. Perhaps your time and resources are best used elsewhere. Again get fit. This fat F*** is working on getting fit.

12) Not enough gun owners are engaged in competition, and we need to quit knocking other disciplines. Actually compete. If you hunt, competing is a great way to retain skill year round. You get like one month to hunt, you have 11 you could be practicing and competing.

13)As cringe as the airsoft community is( like the REV fertile crescent larpers as opposed the true MILSIM guys) we need to start welcoming them into our space, that kid that runs an airsoft Glock or Hicappa 1911 is probably going to want a real one when they are old enough that's, a feeder activity for us. Plus things like MILSIM West and Crossfire Look decently fun.

14) Airsoft is cheap practice for handling and manipulation of your firearm. Don't look down on it, also its likely your only chance to have an m249 on your wall.

15) There is a huge disconnect between the gun community and regular gun owners still, we still need to keep preaching to the choir cause we are unbelievably out of tune.

16) Your average non gun owning Canadian doesn't give 2 ####s about us losing our guns, they care about being able to feed themselves and their families, not lose their house and the price of gas. They would throw our entire community under the bus in a heartbeat to make those 3 things more affordable, recognize that when you talk to people.

I have no doubt this will bring nothing but good thoughtful discussion and will not go off the rails in any way at all...
    Well said. Harsh truth is always better than false hope. I signed up for black badge training and have written my MP (along with a letter to the liberal and ndp party telling them why I will never support them again).

It is not enough to send a letter to a supporting MP/MPP/MLA, you have to let the other side know that their decisions have changed minds if you have supported them before. Also a letter or a cc to your provincial member and even your local mayor etc does not hurt.
    Last edited by Gindryden; 06-24-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by themarauder View Post
    Funny how we've had handguns for hundreds of years and suddenly it's an emergency and legal purchases must be stopped ASAP.
    Emergency for them. They fear the population and still they won't stop from what the turd reich told them to do.