Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Urgent calling all IPSC Black Badge competitors

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gewehr76's Avatar
    Police state Ontario, sometimes on OPP patrolled 400
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever34 View Post
    I’m confused now. I thought they said that giving municipalities and provinces the power to do so was not the way to go and would not work. What did I miss.
    Apparently not, here is what's been proposed

26 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 58:
    Conditions — by-law

58.#01 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the following conditions are attached to a licence authorizing an individual to possess a handgun:

(a) the individual must not — within the boundaries of a municipality — store a handgun at a place other than a business that is the holder of a licence that authorizes it to store prohibited firearms or restricted firearms, in the case where

(i) a by-law to that effect is in force in the municipality,

(ii) the municipality has notified the federal Minister, in the prescribed manner, of the passing of the by-law, and

(iii) the municipality has provided the prescribed information to the federal Minister, or a person designated by that Minister, in the prescribed manner;

(b) the individual must not store a handgun within the boundaries of a municipality and must not transport it to or from a place within those boundaries other than to or from a place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located, to a port of exit in order to take it outside Canada, or from a port of entry in order to bring it inside Canada, in the case where

(ii) the municipality has notified the federal Minister, in the prescribed manner, of the passing of the by-law, and

(iii) the municipality has provided the prescribed information to the federal Minister, or a person designated by that Minister, in the prescribed manner; and

(c) the individual must comply with any prescribed requirements relating to the storage — within the boundaries of a municipality — of a handgun, in the case where

(iii) the municipality has provided the prescribed information to the federal Minister, or a person designated by that Minister, in the prescribed manner.
    Je bastardise les deux langues officielles. I bastardise both official languages.
    Я наебываю оба официальных языка Канады

Quote Originally Posted by gewehr76 View Post
    Apparently not, here is what's been proposed

26 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 58:
    Conditions — by-law

58.#01 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the following conditions are attached to a licence authorizing an individual to possess a handgun:

(a) the individual must not — within the boundaries of a municipality — store a handgun at a place other than a business that is the holder of a licence that authorizes it to store prohibited firearms or restricted firearms, in the case where

(iii) the municipality has provided the prescribed information to the federal Minister, or a person designated by that Minister, in the prescribed manner;

(b) the individual must not store a handgun within the boundaries of a municipality and must not transport it to or from a place within those boundaries other than to or from a place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located, to a port of exit in order to take it outside Canada, or from a port of entry in order to bring it inside Canada, in the case where

(iii) the municipality has provided the prescribed information to the federal Minister, or a person designated by that Minister, in the prescribed manner; and

(c) the individual must comply with any prescribed requirements relating to the storage — within the boundaries of a municipality — of a handgun, in the case where

(iii) the municipality has provided the prescribed information to the federal Minister, or a person designated by that Minister, in the prescribed manner.

So this was added after the fact? They had clearly said during the press conference that this was not the way to go. Wow I’m screwed I’m Ottawa. For sure this city will take advantage of it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gewehr76's Avatar
    Police state Ontario, sometimes on OPP patrolled 400
    So this was added after the fact? They had clearly said during the press conference that this was not the way to go. Wow I’m screwed I’m Ottawa. For sure this city will take advantage of it
    So contact your local authorities, your city councilors, mayors etc. and tell them if they even think to pass such a bylaw then they will not get your vote.
    Je bastardise les deux langues officielles. I bastardise both official languages.
    Я наебываю оба официальных языка Канады

Quote Originally Posted by gewehr76 View Post
    So contact your local authorities, your city councilors, mayors etc. and tell them if they even think to pass such a bylaw then they will not get your vote.
    Already did last time. Will do again but I was sure this was not in the “new” bill.

No it’s not true.
    The quoted verbiage is from the old c-21.
    The new one also titled as c-21 doesn’t have this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    No it’s not true.
    The quoted verbiage is from the old c-21.
    The new one also titled as c-21 doesn’t have this statement.
    That is what I thought also…. But then this thread and I got all wtf.

Is there a thread about info regarding of you die....... Will your pistol be destroyed or can they be passes down to your children?

I understand that the freeze means I can't buy more but does that apply to inheriting guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacrf View Post

I understand that the freeze means I can't buy more but does that apply to inheriting guns.
    Inheriting guns mean being transferred to you after someone dies, except no transfers will be granted, so guess what, gun goes to the smelter.

CGN frequent flyer
    So CZ owns Colt. If I'm not mistaken, Diemaco is owned by Colt and produces rifles for Canadian Army and other NATO armies. CZ sells a lot of handguns in Canada. Do they know what is being done to them ?

Quote Originally Posted by motocross guy View Post
    Sass, cowboy action shooting is a large group of competition shooters as well, ppc and?
    They should all be included with this
    This needs far more attention. Firearms, of this particular era are a cornerstone of western heritage. Their possession and use must be preserved.