Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Urgent calling all IPSC Black Badge competitors

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Perhaps not, but it is completely legit to feel aggrieved. I recall many instances where IPSC guys openly mocked the 3-gun crowd, disparaging our ownership of "assault rifles" (yes, they actually use that terminology) and making it very clear that they didn't give a d@mn if we lost our guns. And then there are the FUDDs. (I suspect these folks saw "assault rifles" as a sacrificial offering that would prevent the Liberal-gods from directing their wrath at them...)

And now, but only relatively recently, these groups have opened their eyes and and are calling for solidarity and collective action...b/c THEIR chattels are now on the line. OK, great. Let's go, everyone! Perhaps this situation will actually result in some real unity in our community (although it's almost certainly too late). But don't tell me that I can't feel a little schadenfreude alongside my general anger about these Liberal policies/practices when I see the jerks (above) getting the same treatment as the owners of "assault rifles".

BTW, PolySeSouvient has a question for all Canadians: did you know that bolt action guns have no magazine limits? NO. LIMITS. (Guess what's coming next...)
    Your experience is completely different from mine…As our Club IPSC Rep / Match Director and Co-Chair of our Multigun Section, I see first hand the crossover between all of the action disciplines…And it’s the same for all the clubs in the region that host Action Shooting matches of any kind. Not to mention, seeing as IPSC is not just handgun, but also rifle, shotgun, PCC and even airsoft, any IPSC competitor who bad mouthed “assault rifles” is pretty clueless as to his own chosen sport.

It’s a shame a couple of dummies in our community can have such a profound impact as to scar you this way.
    “When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.” - Gary Lloyd

Perhaps not, but it is completely legit to feel aggrieved. I recall many instances where IPSC guys openly mocked the 3-gun crowd, disparaging our ownership of "assault rifles" (yes, they actually use that terminology) and making it very clear that they didn't give a d@mn if we lost our guns. And then there are the FUDDs. (I suspect these folks saw "assault rifles" as a sacrificial offering that would prevent the Liberal-gods from directing their wrath at them...)

And now, but only relatively recently, these groups have opened their eyes and and are calling for solidarity and collective action...b/c THEIR chattels are now on the line. OK, great. Let's go, everyone! Perhaps this situation will actually result in some real unity in our community (although it's almost certainly too late). But don't tell me that I can't feel a little schadenfreude alongside my general anger about these Liberal policies/practices when I see the jerks (above) getting the same treatment as the owners of "assault rifles".

BTW, PolySeSouvient has a question for all Canadians: did you know that bolt action guns have no magazine limits? NO. LIMITS. (Guess what's coming next...)
    I've shot with hundreds of IPSC and USPSA competitors here in Canada and the USA and to me this story reeks of hard feeling and complete BS. Anybody that is a handgun owner and a sport shooter in this country was well aware of the slippery slope any bans came with. There is/was also a lot of crossover between the disciplines.

Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    So CZ owns Colt. If I'm not mistaken, Diemaco is owned by Colt and produces rifles for Canadian Army and other NATO armies. CZ sells a lot of handguns in Canada. Do they know what is being done to them ?
    lol they have govt contracts they will shut their mouths and tow the line, when i asked Colt Canada why there was a big advertisement that they got a new govt contract here but they never said a word about the banning of all their rifles to the public they promptly banned me from their Instagram page, and blocked me from even writing coltcanada on any post.
    focus...commitment...sheer f#$*ing will.

same here after years of working in ranges it not uncommon at all, i still have guys in handgun disciplines looking at rifles and shaking their heads while asking if these are machine guns.... so no this still the norm.
    focus...commitment...sheer f#$*ing will.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gewehr76 View Post
    Think about it,
    Feds give municipalities power to do the ban in their limits. Province is not going to stop municipality if they act upon federal law. So that's why they can in this case
    I'm fairly certain that is not how it works. Federal>Provincial>Municipality/City. The feds just can't bypass provincial governments and deal directly with local mayors. Granting some federal powers to regulate firearms, the privacy concerns would be substantial along with huge potential for abuse and theft of firearms. How many city employees would have access to that information? A list of gun owners names, address, make, model, serial numbers of restricted/prohibited firearms handed over to city hall? Nightmare.
    Last edited by StoneHorse; 06-04-2022 at 12:59 PM. Reason: ?
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

letter sent to my local mp to amend to allow IPSC as elite athletes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wait. I missed that part of the new law!!

They will still allow the municipalities to ban gun storage in the city? If that's the case, all Toronto handgunners are screwed. As are thousands in all the other cities. 100% they will pass an anti-storage law.

This part of the bill is actually worse than the sales ban for those people who live in the cities.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    Wait. I missed that part of the new law!!

They will still allow the municipalities to ban gun storage in the city? If that's the case, all Toronto handgunners are screwed. As are thousands in all the other cities. 100% they will pass an anti-storage law.

This part of the bill is actually worse than the sales ban for those people who live in the cities.
    I believe that part has been dropped (so many threads and even more posts) I'm not sure anymore.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    I believe that part has been dropped (so many threads and even more posts) I'm not sure anymore.
    I had been thinking this too. But now I'm wondering if that's only based on other members' conjecture that the Liberals had introduced this "freeze" because it would be easier to implement than the municipal-level ban.

Can anybody clear this up?
    Is the municipal-level ban dead?
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gewehr76's Avatar
    Police state Ontario, sometimes on OPP patrolled 400
    Sorry for confusion I made a mistake, this portion about municipalities was removed from 30 May 2022 act, I was referencing 16May 2021 bill.
    Je bastardise les deux langues officielles. I bastardise both official languages.
    Я наебываю оба официальных языка Канады