Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TUF-22TD Pictures from Dlask Arms Corp.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    What’s the optimal Goldilock barrel length. Not too long, not too short? Carrying, plinking and occasional off the bench, but mostly off hand plinking
    Ideally a takedown would have both halves around 14" so that assembled it's 26 and a bit and it backpacks nicely. Unfortunately the length of a 10/22 receiver plus a reasonable length-of-pull gives you a longer back half so there's less motivation for a short barrel than you might have in a "solid" rifle built to the 26" spec. Anything that doesn't make the front half longer than the back half is good!

There's maybe the idea of a folding stock plus the TD but I'm not sure that would work out either.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    What’s the optimal Goldilock barrel length. Not too long, not too short? Carrying, plinking and occasional off the bench, but mostly off hand plinking
    I've always liked 12.5". Looks great, more compact than factory barrels, seems to be a nice compromise between performance and size.

Shorter is fun, obviously more compact/lighter, noticeably louder on your ears. I like how the 9" fits onto the backpacker stock. I haven't tried to squeeze much accuracy out of my 9" setup, so I'm not sure if there's much if any difference in performance.

But really any of them are going to carry similarly if broken down.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    I'm assuming the screw hole placement on that Dlask mount is symmetrical front and rear? So you could attach the mount facing the other direction, with the rail pointing towards the muzzle? That would keep it entirely above the barrel and prevent it from adding to the length of the taken-down package.

Easy to mount a red dot or scout scope and still keep it as short as possible.
    Both of my barrels and mounts were reversible like that, there seems to be two different rails, but both of them work in either direction

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    I'm assuming the screw hole placement on that Dlask mount is symmetrical front and rear? So you could attach the mount facing the other direction, with the rail pointing towards the muzzle? That would keep it entirely above the barrel and prevent it from adding to the length of the taken-down package.

Easy to mount a red dot or scout scope and still keep it as short as possible.
    That should work since the hole spacing is symmetrical.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN frequent flyer
    I've built a regular 10/22 from a pile of pieces before, so I'm trying to understand how the TD is different.

You list the receiver and two barrel choices, which say "This listing is for the stripped barrel only and requires you to re-use your original support block and hardware". Will copies of these parts be offered? Are there any other parts or wisdom that are particular to a TD build?

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    I've built a regular 10/22 from a pile of pieces before, so I'm trying to understand how the TD is different.

You list the receiver and two barrel choices, which say "This listing is for the stripped barrel only and requires you to re-use your original support block and hardware". Will copies of these parts be offered? Are there any other parts or wisdom that are particular to a TD build?
    Yes, we have the under barrel attachment blocks coming. These will be available as kits that you can purchase for our stripped Takedown barrels. This will allow you to swap barrels quickly and not have to unscrew everything and install it onto different barrels.

As for other parts no, these rifles are pretty straight forward I think as far as that goes. The parts that are fully interchangeable between the Takedown and the regular models are :

-trigger pack
    -bolt assembly
    -trigger pack cross pins
    -bolt buffer
    -charging handle and spring set
    -takedown screw

Parts that are unique to each model and are NOT interchangeable are :

-the receiver
    -the barrel
    -the stock assembly
    -the v-block

If you have any other questions let me know !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Love the engraving, super sick

Hi Dlask, would you be able to make a rail that looks like this, where the rail goes to the end of the barrel and a portion of the rail goes over the receiver? Personally, I would like a regular steel barrel, not a take down version.

CGN Regular
    Curious about what you are asking? Are you saying you want this kind of rail on a non takedown version of a 10/22? If so why not just use a normal receiver and a chassis with a rail, that extends over the barrel? I guess it would not be continuous. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are wanting to accomplish?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Whooa there brother, we got you. How's about this bad boy then :

Attachment 652648

She is 27" tip to butt so still N/R....for now, lol.
    Anyone know if the DLask takedown receiver in a Midwest chassis (as they have pictured) will accept other trigger modules (I.e. KIDD)?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast