Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Handguns at SFRC, June 5th, Noon Update

I know right, guess I better get it done this time. Haha.

And thank you Ryan I will check again shortly.
    Member CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any idea if you'll have more Ruger GP100 4.2" coming in?
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

Quote Originally Posted by soulchaser View Post
    Not that I know. They distributor has no more.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    What are the chances of distributors bringing anything more in at all?
    If no OIC is enacted before summer break, that should mean business as usual until September.
    Tiocfaidh Ár Lá - Éirinn Go Brách

Quote Originally Posted by Hypox!a View Post
    If no OIC is enacted before summer break, that should mean business as usual until September.
    Exactly. I'm really betting on this. I'm praying on this lol.
    I wanna buy a boat load of hand guns but honestly with such slim pickings I don't like any that's left. I really hope the bill doesn't go into effect till next October and we have a chance to buy our preferred handguns. Hopefully distributors bring in more and new stock

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper666 View Post
    Exactly. I'm really betting on this. I'm praying on this lol.
    I wanna buy a boat load of hand guns but honestly with such slim pickings I don't like any that's left. I really hope the bill doesn't go into effect till next October and we have a chance to buy our preferred handguns. Hopefully distributors bring in more and new stock
    As much as that is possible, with the current buying frenzies in the US as well (Covid, Biden, etc) orders are placed buy distributors way in advance. You can't just call a manufacture and ask them to send you pallets of guns on short notice.

GunNutz
    Never hurts to ask?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypox!a View Post
    Unless they issue an OIC to ban their transport/use (which I'm told is something that has been talked about) before letting the freeze run it's course through parliament.

Make no mistake. This whole thing is to protect their gun control wedge issue until the next election. They don't give a crap about gun crime.

They know a ban won't work. Their own studies show a ban won't work. But if they did it now, gun crime would continue to rise and they'd lose one of their 2 biggest wedges.

They know this freeze won't do anything to stop gun crime either, but they still have the wedge in place for 2025. They'll say, "The freeze didn't go far enough, so now we're going to ban them outright. They are already laying the groundwork:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/all-...-ban-1.5932115

New gun legislation 'doesn't target law-abiding gun owners,' safety minister says

Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino isn’t ruling out the possibility of a national ban on handguns in Canada, saying the federal government is leaving “all options on the table.”

In an interview on CTV’s Question Period, Mendicino said Ottawa’s newly introduced gun-control bill is a “step in the right direction” to mitigate gun violence across the country but it won’t eliminate the problem all together.

“Bill C-21, while it is a significant stride and the most ambitious in a generation, by itself, will not eradicate gun violence. We have to invest in our police, we have to make sure that we are protecting our borders, we have to introduce smart gun policy and we also have to make sure that we are addressing gun crime at its root cause,” he said.

“It's not about picking one. It's about doing all of them at the same time.”
    Last edited by soulchaser; 06-05-2022 at 10:21 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by soulchaser View Post
    The frenzy started with the Colt 686, then spilt over to the rest of those 357 MAG revolvers. Not my cup of tea I must say but the price on those went up daily almost.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast