Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VPN Blacklist

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBrauckmann View Post
    I'm interested to know why this is. At first glance the VPN rule seems absurd to me.
    The reason given to me was to help reduce possible scams on the EE. Surfing CGN via a VPN doesn't seem to trigger a automated response until you access the EE. Unless you have a paid EE account. That is what I was told by the Grand Tuba when I found myself suddenly banned from CGN.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

CGN Regular
    Your just fooling yourself if you think a VPN will keep your information private. The VPN provider probably logs all of your data. Just like how your ISP says they don’t.

The only way to be 100% private is to not use the internet or any computer/phone etc. Anything you enter into a device can be recovered and traced.

Anybody else miss the paper classifieds? Lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipnslide View Post
    Your just fooling yourself if you think a VPN will keep your information private. The VPN provider probably logs all of your data. Just like how your ISP says they don’t.

The only way to be 100% private is to not use the internet or any computer/phone etc. Anything you enter into a device can be recovered and traced.

Anybody else miss the paper classifieds? Lol.
    I guess that would depend if you trust the independent audits or not.

But you are right about privacy; don't connect to the internet, don't use a cell phone, credit or debit cards, cash only and probably a few other things as well.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

I run a vpn. youre probably connected to one that too many people use
    I'm getting pretty tired I think i'll go hit the sack... Then maybe go to bed

Several different Canadian Nord servers blocked on ReliableGun website today. Never thought I'd see a website – let alone a retailer – completely block private browsing. Oh well, just take my business elsewhere.

CGN Regular
    RG is a gun shop, not a tech empire. Most businesses have a company run/manage the website for them, and the store only inputs data fields (although the RG site is kinda... basic). Having your VPN site rejected from their web site is more of a 'you' problem, the store isn't specifically listing and banning the IP addresses. Could be lors of things, likely the vpn has too many users on an IP that triggered a notification from another service provider (a company that manages security and monitors 'hyper-active' IP addresses. The stores aren't banning the use of VPNs, they are just taking security steps to reduce online issues. Its just some things the vpn does also trigger those protections. And, yeah, if you are thinking the vpn is stopping anything being tracked, would you be interested in buying this bridge?

But if you aren't willing to shop on the website of a good, brick and mortar gun store because it blocks your vpn, I'm sure your browser works just fine at Tenda or FOC...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123