Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VPN Blacklist

VPN Blacklist

When trying to visit your website while running a VPN (as I always do), I get a notification that the IP is blacklisted.
    Why do you not allow the use of a VPN? I'd rather not have to disable my VPN in order to browse a website, especially when I'm browsing firearms and related items.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    When trying to visit your website while running a VPN (as I always do), I get a notification that the IP is blacklisted.
    Why do you not allow the use of a VPN? I'd rather not have to disable my VPN in order to browse a website, especially when I'm browsing firearms and related items.
    Banned members or scammers use VPN to hide who they are, and where they are.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    When you say the IP is blacklisted do you mean that Reliable Gun's website has blacklisted your VPN's IP address? Or that your VPN has blacklisted Reliable Gun's IP address?

My VPN blacklists Gun Nutz: I just whitelisted CGN so the VPN does not activate for CGN (and thus not breaking CGN's no VPN rule).

If Reliable Gun is blacklisting your VPN then ask your VPN to cycle it's ghost IP address until it works. If it is not using a ghost IP address then your VPN is crap.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Banned members or scammers use VPN to hide who they are, and where they are.
    Criminals use guns for crime, better ban guns..? It's wise to run a VPN. Their misuse shouldn't be an issue for those who choose to do so. I promise you, banned members can come back on a whim without using a VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Criminals use guns for crime, better ban guns..? It's wise to run a VPN. Their misuse shouldn't be an issue for those who choose to do so. I promise you, banned members can come back on a whim without using a VPN.
    GT probably has a reason to do so. Scam protection or something. I know banned members can come back without VPN.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    GT probably has a reason to do so. Scam protection or something. I know banned members can come back without VPN.
    I'm pretty sure it's because any banner clicks won't get attributed properly or something like that. CGN is a business first and foremost.

you cant run a VPN here either?

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    When you say the IP is blacklisted do you mean that Reliable Gun's website has blacklisted your VPN's IP address? Or that your VPN has blacklisted Reliable Gun's IP address?

My VPN blacklists Gun Nutz: I just whitelisted CGN so the VPN does not activate for CGN (and thus not breaking CGN's no VPN rule).

If Reliable Gun is blacklisting your VPN then ask your VPN to cycle it's ghost IP address until it works. If it is not using a ghost IP address then your VPN is crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    you cant run a VPN here either?
    I switched the VPN location and was able to load the website so it's obviously not the VPN service (Nord) that's blocking the website. I came back here to report that it's a specific server issue and not a general VPN issue but then I couldn't load CGN.
    When I switch VPN server locations I usually get notifications from various web services that suspicious activity/login has been detected, and sometimes the account gets frozen until I verify it. It's a pain in the ass and unnecessary. I don't want my ISP (or any other entities) tracking/recording my web traffic, whether I'm searching for information on rectal bleaching or ammo on sale.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN Regular
    I switched the VPN location and was able to load the website so it's obviously not the VPN service (Nord) that's blocking the website. I came back here to report that it's a specific server issue and not a general VPN issue but then I couldn't load CGN.
    When I switch VPN server locations I usually get notifications from various web services that suspicious activity/login has been detected, and sometimes the account gets frozen until I verify it. It's a pain in the ass and unnecessary. I don't want my ISP (or any other entities) tracking/recording my web traffic, whether I'm searching for information on rectal bleaching or ammo on sale.
    That happened to me once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Just put some cream on it

Just use a Canadian VPN address

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast