VPN Blacklist

JoeShmow

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When trying to visit your website while running a VPN (as I always do), I get a notification that the IP is blacklisted.
Why do you not allow the use of a VPN? I'd rather not have to disable my VPN in order to browse a website, especially when I'm browsing firearms and related items.

When trying to visit your website while running a VPN (as I always do), I get a notification that the IP is blacklisted.
Why do you not allow the use of a VPN? I'd rather not have to disable my VPN in order to browse a website, especially when I'm browsing firearms and related items.

Banned members or scammers use VPN to hide who they are, and where they are.

When you say the IP is blacklisted do you mean that Reliable Gun's website has blacklisted your VPN's IP address? Or that your VPN has blacklisted Reliable Gun's IP address?

My VPN blacklists Gun Nutz: I just whitelisted CGN so the VPN does not activate for CGN (and thus not breaking CGN's no VPN rule).

If Reliable Gun is blacklisting your VPN then ask your VPN to cycle it's ghost IP address until it works. If it is not using a ghost IP address then your VPN is crap.

Banned members or scammers use VPN to hide who they are, and where they are.

Criminals use guns for crime, better ban guns..? It's wise to run a VPN. Their misuse shouldn't be an issue for those who choose to do so. I promise you, banned members can come back on a whim without using a VPN.

Criminals use guns for crime, better ban guns..? It's wise to run a VPN. Their misuse shouldn't be an issue for those who choose to do so. I promise you, banned members can come back on a whim without using a VPN.

GT probably has a reason to do so. Scam protection or something. I know banned members can come back without VPN.

you cant run a VPN here either?

When you say the IP is blacklisted do you mean that Reliable Gun's website has blacklisted your VPN's IP address? Or that your VPN has blacklisted Reliable Gun's IP address?

My VPN blacklists Gun Nutz: I just whitelisted CGN so the VPN does not activate for CGN (and thus not breaking CGN's no VPN rule).

If Reliable Gun is blacklisting your VPN then ask your VPN to cycle it's ghost IP address until it works. If it is not using a ghost IP address then your VPN is crap.

you cant run a VPN here either?

I switched the VPN location and was able to load the website so it's obviously not the VPN service (Nord) that's blocking the website. I came back here to report that it's a specific server issue and not a general VPN issue but then I couldn't load CGN.
When I switch VPN server locations I usually get notifications from various web services that suspicious activity/login has been detected, and sometimes the account gets frozen until I verify it. It's a pain in the ass and unnecessary. I don't want my ISP (or any other entities) tracking/recording my web traffic, whether I'm searching for information on rectal bleaching or ammo on sale.

I switched the VPN location and was able to load the website so it's obviously not the VPN service (Nord) that's blocking the website. I came back here to report that it's a specific server issue and not a general VPN issue but then I couldn't load CGN.
When I switch VPN server locations I usually get notifications from various web services that suspicious activity/login has been detected, and sometimes the account gets frozen until I verify it. It's a pain in the ass and unnecessary. I don't want my ISP (or any other entities) tracking/recording my web traffic, whether I'm searching for information on rectal bleaching or ammo on sale.

That happened to me once.

FYI, you will be banned using a VPN here. General Rules and Guidelines

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_cgn_general_rules

The following rules will be strictly enforced. Violation may lead to temporary or permanent suspension from the site.

2. Using anonymizer proxy to access CGN is not allowed. Account could be suspended immediately if the user uses anonymizer proxy to access CGN.

The VPN rule here fits perfectly with everyone who supported BBCs verification of PALs for unserialized parts.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_cgn_general_rules

The following rules will be strictly enforced. Violation may lead to temporary or permanent suspension from the site.

2. Using anonymizer proxy to access CGN is not allowed. Account could be suspended immediately if the user uses anonymizer proxy to access CGN.

That would be a shame. I'm not anonymizing my account from CGN. I have one account and I always log in with it. I want my traffic encrypted at least until it is out of my ISP's control.

you want a 'residential proxy' to not come up as a datacenter, which are easy to spot and blacklist. google them and you'll find plenty that offer the service, bit more expensive, but it's far more anon if that's your concern.

We don't block VPN's, just sources outside North America. After the recent breaches, it is one of the security measures we have implemented to minimize our attack surface. If you select a Canada or US endpoint it should work fine over a VPN.

Just curious why this site CGN blocks VPN coming in. As long as a valid user account is used, why bother?
I sometimes forget to turn off the VPN and see a terrible message about how bad I'm being in doing so.

Not entirely correct. Using a VPN while accessing the EE on CGN will get you banned unless you have a paid account. Ask me how I know.

Back
Top Bottom