Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Poly 80 shipment update, Jan 31, 2024

Business Member Saskatoon Gunworks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    doesnt say much in the second notice about handgun parts at all, as a non contolled part was allowed as long as it was under $500 under ITAR

Businesses are different, I have not yet had an import permit cancelled as of yet, but I am also getting conflicting information from cusstom brokers.

Current on the phone with the CBSA to see if they have been given any NEW directives to follow.

*update* the CBSA officer that I have talked to said that there in NO change in the importation of parts. No change in the importation of handguns, but if you don't have an import permit, it will be refused. So in a non-lawfull way the Liberals get what they want by denying all permiths for nNEW imports of hanguns.

There is a great deal of confusion as to what is going on, I to had a conversation with an CBSA officer in Saskatoon that said there shouldn't be an issue, however, the officer responsible for clearing a shipment at the border at time of crossing could have an entirely different opinion. We are going to attempt to have the shipment go across should the stars align.

I spent an hour talking to both Global Affairs Canada and CBSA

Both confirmed since august 19, no changes in handgun parts has been made. If you are like me, you have a specific import permit for the P80 parts for the year, and the import permit hasn’t been revoked.

There no new directive for the CBSA officer doing the clearance, it’s just if there is no permit (handguns), the shipment will be denied. Only changes is that GAC is not issuing permits. No permits no importation.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    I spent an hour talking to both Global Affairs Canada and CBSA

Both confirmed since august 19, no changes in handgun parts has been made. If you are like me, you have a specific import permit for the P80 parts for the year, and the import permit hasn’t been revoked.

There no new directive for the CBSA officer doing the clearance, it’s just if there is no permit (handguns), the shipment will be denied. Only changes is that GAC is not issuing permits. No permits no importation.
    We will find out tomorrow if it crosses, we are giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoon Gunworks View Post
    We will find out tomorrow if it crosses, we are giving it a go.
    Awesome news. Keep up the good work.
    @seawolfarms on Instagram

I was absolutely convinced this wouldn't happen but...Very happy to report, after a lot of uncertainty, and being convinced we would not get our shipment across the border, we have just been informed that it has been cleared, we will have more Polymer80 parts!!!

CGN Regular
    Thank Christ
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoon Gunworks View Post
    I was absolutely convinced this wouldn't happen but...Very happy to report, after a lot of uncertainty, and being convinced we would not get our shipment across the border, we have just been informed that it has been cleared, we will have more Polymer80 parts!!!
    Great news. Glad to hear it.
    Member of CCFR

When are the P80 frames going to be posted?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Greenhorse six's Avatar
    Alberta,using the first rule of how not to be seen.
    Outstanding , I hesitated on the last batch and missed out .
    Never Pet A Burning Dog.
    I have a serious phobia of being alone.
    I take solace in military tactics because they emphasize teamwork and working with others.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalPops View Post
    When are the P80 frames going to be posted?
    I think if you look back it was posted there was no new frames on this shipment just parts.