Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829303132333435363848 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

Finally got through and completed a transfer on the restricted line this morning. In Ontario

oh wow! you are calling this racist because I commented on my own back home culture? this has nothing to do with the race. it's about the culture. I am Persian and I am from the Middle East. I never said they all hate guns, I said 90% of the people from that area are anti guns and if you don't believe me go google that. I can't even start a gun conversation with my own mother nor with my sister just because they say why do you need a gun? they don't look at it as a hobby nor as a sport, and on the other hand I am a gun lover and a gun collector. open your eyes and don't pull the racism card here.
    Last edited by Soheil; 06-17-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Come on guys. Let’s be nice to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalineJ92 View Post
    Come on guys.

Exactly. The Liberals want us to attack each other

They love division and hatred. Liberals are psychotic morons that want to divide and destroy the country our fore-fathers built.......

Like adrenaline says: "come on guys", lets stop fighting amongst ourselves.

We might need each other if sh!t hits the fan. We all want freedom and choice, lets stay on the same page.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer powdergun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    I'm going to chime in that having this trigger button and panic whenever someone says "racist" is a result of leftist tactics. People have bias. All of us. To pretend that we don't plays to the left's undermining of everything we have built in the west. EVERYTHING is racist. Don't like variety stores? Oh gosh, you're racist. The guy likely has perfectly good reasons for his bias. I am getting so tired of stepping around landmines that the left has left, that only hurt if they let us. racists racists everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

I have dealt with only 5 Persians in my life. I have bias in that. They were home builders, and they made, and I mean this, the most kickass houses I have ever seen (and as an aside, they were almost unworldly attractive people). I wanted to sell people their houses, but DAMN they were brutal to negotiate with. So in my head I "don't like to deal with Persians", because simply, they were better negotiators than I am. Is that racist? Basing my opinion of Persians on 5 extremely good looking hard negotiators? Leftists would say so, but if I was a Persian, I might take it as a compliment.

Just pointing out, that the left throws RACIST at everything we do. Don't buy brown eggs? RACIST!!!! We really need to get over caring what they think, and just being good people. You're either racist or not, someone with blue hair and a nose ring shouting it at you isn't going to change your core beliefs no matter what, so if it's true, you go "yep, I am" and if it's not, you go "well I'm not, I may have some personal bias, but I'm not racist, so you are incorrect".

All they have are insults and cancel culture. They're ALREADY doing everything possible to cancel us, and we keep ducking and cowering becacuse "oh gosh" we don't want them to call us racist! (hint: they already call us racist nazi white supremacist radicalized nutjobs).

Just saying.
    Excellent ! The irony of it all is that one group is told to avoid using any words, action, or even thought that another group can have any form of characteristic be it positive or negative. However, the initial group is allowed to be constantly punished about their characteristics to the point where they are suppose to shut up and cower in the corner.

Humanity is composed of many different groups. For us to live together we need to recognize and accept the differences. Tolerance is about accepting every one as they are and that means accepting gun tottin rednecks too.

In my own family there has been blatant discrimination. When my father came to this country and went to a local industry that was hiring he was told " There is no work here for your kind" . Someone then told him to go back the next day and there was a different person working and he was hired. Our family kept our language and traditions but also accepted those of other groups. As a result everything worked out well. Dumb thing is that the person that discriminated against him was from the same group my father was from. Just shows that a-holes come in all sizes, shapes, and socioeconomical, gender fluid groups as well.

The acceptance of others does not mean the denial of yourself.
    Last edited by powdergun; 06-17-2022 at 12:35 PM.

I wish we can somehow divorce ourselves from the Liberals/NDP. This feels like being stuck in an abusive relationship. Sure he has nice flowy hair, a charming smile but then he beats you, lies and tells you it’s all your fault.

We need to start a shelter for gun owners. Have government sponsored trigger therapy.

moving on, any news on yesterdays meeting? I keep refreshing https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/en/bill/44-1/c-21 and I don't see anything new!
    where are we at right now?

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw16 View Post
    Maybe racist, maybe not.
    Is your problem with Persians or with hardball negotiators (my suspicion is that it’s the later)?

If your problem is with hardball negotiators, and you can separate that from whatever race the person may be, then no, you are not racist.
    If your problem is with hardball negotiators, and you can’t separate that from their race, you’re racist.
    Ultimately, these biases are a weakness on our part; they are shortcuts that our brain tries to make based on observations, but by indulging in those shortcuts we miss out on the things that don’t fit the bias.
    Bias is innate in all of us. That's my point. We keep falling for the traps that the left uses. I have no problem with Persians, the ones I know are just better than I was at negotiating. That's my point, you can call me racist, anyone can, but at the end of the day, I don't care. The whole point was I only ever met (or dealt with) five Persians my entire life, but in my head "they are tough to deal with". That's it, period, end of statement. I have that bias, but I don't even know where Persia is on a map, so whilst someone could call me racist, and I could go "oh gosh gee, oh umm no, I'm not, what do you want me to say, because I'll say that, and I'll make a public apology, and I will cower in fear, just don't call me racist!!!!", that ain't happening, because it's not the truth. See what I mean? Thing is, taking knee so someone calling me racist wouldn't change my core belief, it would just make me angry and resentful on the inside AND THAT'S HOW THEY WIN.

Even trying to quantify my level of racism....what does that even accomplish? It's all opinion. I could say "I don't like to go into the corner store because someone skimmed my credit card info and that was the only place I had used it." Someone else could come along and say "it's because they're Vietnamese isn't it, because you're a white supremacist raaaaaaaacist... hey everyone look a raaaaaacist!!!!!!". My response can either be, oh my, well I am so so so sorry, I apologize to every Vietnamese person for my racism, I was insensitive and I have learned a lesson about my systemic racism and my white privilege"

OR

I can just know that I was in a store run by Vietnamese people, I suspect that someone in that store skimmed my info, and I'd prefer to shop elsewhere. End of story, and I didn't validate the accusation by reacting to it. My public school had all sorts of nationalities, and there wasn't anyone who was segregated or didn't play at recess. One of my best friends had a last name Small, and it wasn't until 20 years later I learned his last name was actually smallboy (native). He changed it because he thought he would be bullied, not because he was native, but because he didn't want everyone calling him "small boy" (funny thing is, he's 6'5" now). A leftist would look at that and say that's proof of "systemic racism" and we can all nod and agree, but at the end of the day, it was cruelty of children, not systemic racism. Kids can be #######s.

What I am saying is that taking knee, bowing to pressure, apologizing for something that's simply not true is insane and it reinforces the stereotype that there IS systemic racism (which I don't believe to be true). I think we all have biases, and have since the beginning of the human race. Just as they weaponized the flu, they weaponized basic human behaviour, and dumped all the worst of it on non leftists...and we go along with it by judging ourselves. If you're honest, you have bias. Everyone does. Trying to lie about it or point fingers is what the left does.

Now if someone was in here posting "DAMN I HATE ********s!!!" then 1) I'd first assume they were an anti gun troll, and 2) I'd expect that #### to be taken down/reported immediately. What we're looking at is analyzing all speech for things "the left doesn't like". Well hate to break it, but the left doesn't like anything at all. So if we want to dance around their stigmas, we will be as unhappy as they are. As it is, be a good person, conduct yourself in a moral manner, and don't worry what a deviant pedophile in a basement wants to call you. I sure don't. I don't even care if you think I'm racist. not. one. bit. The sooner we all just get back to leading our lives, and realizing that we're not all painted by the brush of an individual, the sooner life will start making sense again. Remember, you can't "blame all muslims" for the terror attack of just one person, but "we're all racist" if one person says something that can be taken wrong. See how that's a losing battle?

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soheil View Post
    oh wow! you are calling this racist because I commented on my own back home culture? this has nothing to do with the race. it's about the culture. I am Persian and I am from the Middle East. I never said they all hate guns, I said 90% of the people from that area are anti guns and if you don't believe me go google that. I can't even start a gun conversation with my own mother nor with my sister just because they say why do you need a gun? they don't look at it as a hobby nor as a sport, and on the other hand I am a gun lover and a gun collector. open your eyes and don't pull the racism card here.
    My family is the same. My mother said to me a few years ago "I hope Trudeau gets in and TAKES ALL YOUR GUNS". My sister lives in Texas and "hates all rednecks and their guns". We don't talk anymore, which is terrible. Trudeau not only took guns but took my own mother from me. At the end of the day the left isn't after our guns, they are after our freedom, and as you know, a disarmed populace is ripe pickings for a tyrant. We should all learn more about the politics of the middle east, it should be taught (unbiased!) in school, so that maybe we could maybe some day learn from human history and get rid of hatred and war, but all I see are people pushing buttons and trying to make us all take sides. It's unfortunate, but it's the state we find ourselves in, with radical far left activists in charge of the government.

So what if someone calls you racist? You gonna cry? Grow up