Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536373839404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Ms. Elizabeth - “Madam Speaker, I am sure the hon. parliamentary secretary heard the question I asked earlier to the member for Guelph. The first version of this bill, before it died on the Order Paper, was a voluntary buyback program. We have now moved to it being mandatory. I would appreciate any light she can shed on the government's change of heart”.

Ms. Pam - “Madam Speaker, I would like to thank the hon. member for her work on this issue. It has been a pleasure to work with her on this. The executive director of the National Firearms Association said that we would have to rip his two AR-15s from his cold, dead hands. That is the reason we had to go to a mandatory buyback program”.

*** any updates on the OIC challenge? Are we really going to lose these guns? ***
    That last line got me. Did that even happen?

Do we know if a transfer restriction was placed?

Quote Originally Posted by relayer1989 View Post
    SECU is set to vote on a motion Tuesday June 14th to approve regulations that will freeze handgun transfers. They have cited the run on handguns as reason to pass the motion immediately.

The run on handguns is basically over, with almost all transfers initiated.

However, 1000s of private transfers have yet to be initiated due to the complete failure of service at the CFP. Many of these private transfers involve collectible and vintage firearms from older sellers passing their property down to the next generation.

We must ensure that these firearms are transferred.

Let's pressure the committee members to study this regulation in accordance with fair democratic principles, specifically the NDP and Bloc members:

Everything must be done to stop this motion from passing before the summer break.

Consider calling or emailing the above members and highlighting the following:
    • Inventory at retailers is already sold out, prematurely passing the regulation will not prevent a run on handguns
    • Licensed individuals are not able to initiate private transfers given that the Canadian Firearms Program is overwhelmed
    • These private transfers are made up of people trying to pass down collectible and vintage firearms of important historical importance
    • Many sellers are pensioners and older folks on tight budgets trying to get fair market value for their collectibles before a freeze is implemented

Is it a long shot? Yes. Is it naive? Perhaps. But the issue of private transfers is being ignored outside the firearms community. We need to do whatever we can, before it's too late.

Update:
    The June 14th committee meeting was canceled. Next meeting is scheduled for June 16th.

Update 2:
    Week of June 20th is the last opportunity for SECU to approve the regulation. Minutes from the June 16th meeting have not been published.
    During June 20th's Bill C-21 second reading debate, Liberals reference the failed attempt by the committee to approve the regulation on the 9th. (This seems to indicate that they are not going to pursue this motion again and want to use the failed attempt as political capital to paint the Conservatives as uncooperative.)
    Just wondering if we know a transfer/import restriction was placed? We SHOULD have our RPAL shortly (couple weeks unless they are sitting on them) and would like to try to find a couple handgun to pursue this. I know stock is pretty much zero atm but we could at least try to get something if there is a window open.

CGN Regular
    The royal we.... How are you judging the timeline for your RPAL to arrive? They haven't been overly fast for the last few years, I've heard of waits in excess of 8 months for someone to get their card . Don't drive yourself crazy looking at pews until it shows up, if this doesn't get passed until Oct, the market will look far different than now. And if transfers get banned soon, then you are SOOL...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    remember they bitched about a guy gun hunting bear and stated to use a spear to make it fair.. the guy did and they banned spear hunting in Alberta.
    They despise us and our free will.. don't try to talk or rationalize with them...bury them in ridiculous lawsuits and regulation every chance.. attack their favorite hobbies and causes with petitions etc. Scorch the ground so nothing grows for a thousand years for them.
    This right here.

Alberta should turn the taps off. Close refinerys. Outlaw soy. 500% tariff 9n butt plugs.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

I had to wait for 7 months before I called my MP and asked him what the duck. He then made a few calls and magically a few days later I got my license issued. Don’t sit around and wait. Call your Mp for those who are waiting for their license.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    The royal we.... How are you judging the timeline for your RPAL to arrive? They haven't been overly fast for the last few years, I've heard of waits in excess of 8 months for someone to get their card . Don't drive yourself crazy looking at pews until it shows up, if this doesn't get passed until Oct, the market will look far different than now. And if transfers get banned soon, then you are SOOL...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoMelon View Post
    I had to wait for 7 months before I called my MP and asked him what the duck. He then made a few calls and magically a few days later I got my license issued. Don’t sit around and wait. Call your Mp for those who are waiting for their license.
    while I'm all about contacting peeps and let them know that we are there, I have a feeling that this was just a coincidence for your rpal !

Quote Originally Posted by Sekler View Post
    while I'm all about contacting peeps and let them know that we are there, I have a feeling that this was just a coincidence for your rpal !

Actually, no it is not.

I have sent over 150 customers to Rob Morrison, Member of Parliament for Kootenay-Columbia District in Cranbrook, BC. Over half of them had stated after contacting Mr. Morrison their firearms licenses were in the mail within two weeks. A good portion of them had been waiting from four months to 1.5 years.

It is not a coincidence at all.

Now in saying that, Rob Morrison's office right now is not taking further Firearms License request checks due to his office being backed up with close to 250 inquiries.

His office stated they need to catch up on the current requests before taken on any more. Fair enough!.....
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

I got a reply from one of the MP., Tako. Here is his reply.

Dear [my name],

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding Bill C-21 and its effects on gun owners.

I believe that firearm safety and strong consequences for offenders are an incredibly important issue, and I have taken an active part in finding solutions through my position as Deputy Shadow Minister for Public Safety. We all want a safer Canada – however, this Liberal proposal ignores the root causes of gun violence. In a recent Public Safety Committee study on gang violence, we found that the main issues we should be addressing are preventing the flow of illegal guns across the border and improving our ability to trace the source of firearms used in crime.

On June 9, Conservatives proposed that the sections of the Bill which would garner unanimous consent, such as provisions to assist victims of domestic violence more quickly and harsher penalties for gun smugglers, should be separated from the rest of the Bill to pass them more quickly. But the Liberals voted against this motion, unwilling to put what is best for Canadians ahead of their political agenda. Currently, with this Parliamentary session coming to a close by the end of the week, the Liberals are doing everything they can to push this Bill through.

I agree with firearm regulations that will target the real issues, such as the smuggling of illegal weapons into Canada, and will protect vulnerable Canadians. But while Canada already has strict restrictions on acquiring handguns, gangsters are still able to get their hands on them. And it is this criminal use of firearms we should be focused on and not the law-abiding citizen. I will continue to oppose Bill C-21 in its current form.

Again, thank you for contacting my office.

Best wishes,

Tako

fair enough, we all know that. but.... PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BEFORE IT GETS TOO LATE.

Quote Originally Posted by e679 View Post
    I got a reply from one of the MP., Tako. Here is his reply.

Dear [my name],

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding Bill C-21 and its effects on gun owners.

I believe that firearm safety and strong consequences for offenders are an incredibly important issue, and I have taken an active part in finding solutions through my position as Deputy Shadow Minister for Public Safety. We all want a safer Canada – however, this Liberal proposal ignores the root causes of gun violence. In a recent Public Safety Committee study on gang violence, we found that the main issues we should be addressing are preventing the flow of illegal guns across the border and improving our ability to trace the source of firearms used in crime.

On June 9, Conservatives proposed that the sections of the Bill which would garner unanimous consent, such as provisions to assist victims of domestic violence more quickly and harsher penalties for gun smugglers, should be separated from the rest of the Bill to pass them more quickly. But the Liberals voted against this motion, unwilling to put what is best for Canadians ahead of their political agenda. Currently, with this Parliamentary session coming to a close by the end of the week, the Liberals are doing everything they can to push this Bill through.

I agree with firearm regulations that will target the real issues, such as the smuggling of illegal weapons into Canada, and will protect vulnerable Canadians. But while Canada already has strict restrictions on acquiring handguns, gangsters are still able to get their hands on them. And it is this criminal use of firearms we should be focused on and not the law-abiding citizen. I will continue to oppose Bill C-21 in its current form.

Again, thank you for contacting my office.

Best wishes,

Tako

why trudope hates the guns so much? something must have happened to him when he was in the arms of Fidel..... I am sure the future will make a documentary about it.
    liberals figured it out how to reduce the overdose in BC by legalizing small amount of hard drugs. now they want to ban handguns, just like Justin said so we can go to birthday parties without being worried about getting shot on the streets. look how smart this guy is! I am gonna let my unborn kids know how Justin ended up banning handguns so they can freely go to birthday parties. my kids won't be able to have my guns after I die, and they will all end up in the garbage bin. now everybody's happy
    Last edited by Soheil; 06-22-2022 at 01:20 AM.