Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1727293031323334353637383940414243444547 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

Not the royal we, both my wife and I applied at the same time and I am judging the "when" on it has been typically 2 months to clear and get RPAL in NS. As we both have security clearances already, not expecting any issues from background check etc. Yes, if transfers get banned we are both pooched.

June 21 debate here.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentVi...ing-93/hansard

It’s like a dog chasing it’s tail… the liberals just don’t get it. Taking registered guns off law abiding citizens won’t stop gun violence. So frustrating!
    They could confiscate every hand gun, long gun, EVERYTHING from licensed Canadians and melt them down to make a statue of Trudeau, and the rate of gun violence would remain the same!!!!

Their plan is to confiscate every civilian owned gun in Canada using any lie in the name of public safety.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerz View Post
    June 21 debate here.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentVi...ing-93/hansard

It’s like a dog chasing it’s tail… the liberals just don’t get it. Taking registered guns off law abiding citizens won’t stop gun violence. So frustrating!
    They could confiscate every hand gun, long gun, EVERYTHING from licensed Canadians and melt them down to make a statue of Trudeau, and the rate of gun violence would remain the same!!!!
    The liebs get it - they just don't care. It's entirely idealogically driven; they want the genereal population disarmed so that only three groups will continue to have guns - military, police, and criminals.
    Another point to consider is that totalitarian regimes love disarmed populations.
    "Now that they are in power, they want to determine which is good publicity and which is bad publicity."
    Malice in Blunderland - Alan Fotheringham
    People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news. A. J. Liebling

Just like the abortion issue, Trudeau's party only gives a damn about the issue as long as it wedges the door against the CPC and rallies the ABC coalition under him.
    Us Canadians subjected to this farce are just acceptable losses.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by chuck roast View Post
    their plan is to confiscate every civilian owned gun in canada using any lie in the name of public safety.
    this!......

Lick a Liberal, taste a fascist.

The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 03-09-2023 at 04:16 PM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    So I read the June 21 debate and thank you to those who have posted it.
    I confess to general ignorance of the processes on view as I have rarely been exposed or taken the time to expose myself to debate transcripts.

Nevertheless, I have the following to say,

Frankly, I am disgusted at the way MP's in my government behave and I have to assume that the behaviour on display here is not unique to the discussion of Bill C-21.
    I have to also assume that the extreme imbalance presented in the application of reason on this bill is due to the LIb MP's predicated assumption that no debate is necessary.

I was unable to detect anything but politicized rhetoric in any of the Lib MP's comments and was surprised at the level of thought and reason expressed by CPC MP's on this topic. Not just blind opposition but actually well argued and considered discussion, and including actual examples of meeting with and discussing issues with constituents..
    I was even more surprised to read comments from Bloc MP's on this bill that were reasoned and well argued.

One would expect that members supporting a bill would be able to point to data and well researched recommendations in support and that it would be the opposition who would be inclined to emotional manipulation and rhetoric instead of the exact opposite.

Before you say that is what we should expect from this Liberal Government and that a Conservative government would be better, I will say that I think that is BullS$#t!
    On this particular topic, I(we) are being harmed and so I(we) are aghast but we all know (or ought to know) that this is not a Liberal v Conservative problem. On any other given topic, the roles may be precisely reversed.

Sadly, this (and I now suspect this is true of every debate) is an illustration of the disfunction of our government!

I feel oppressed by hopelessness.
    Well put.

I can tell you, in my experience, if they had a well reasoned, logical, evidenced based argument to support their point, they would have made it.

Sometimes you can tell more about a position based on what they don’t say.

So what did happen? Was it passed or shut down on the 14th?

Global News

RCMP Commissioner accused of interfering in Nova Scotia mass-shooting investigation to help Liberal government’s gun-control agenda

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...mass-shooting/

Anyone who can, should send a letter to their MP calling for a full investigation into the matter.

This liberal agenda should also be taken into consideration for C-21; considering they have to import foreign tragedies (Texas mass shooting) to justify a ban that will have no effect on public safety.