Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2030323334353637383940414243444546474850 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

CGN Regular
    so far so good, i had heard that they could however work longer hours to address the problem...any chance that they could extend meetings to rule OIC quick before fall ?

CGN Regular
    Let us pray this can be delayed to the point where they go on summer break. It seems we are helpless to stop this legislation, but at least people can have more time to buy, transfer, and sell guns to those who want them. Would also be great if this Luki business runs deep and turns into a bigger controversy than it is. Anything to continually exposes the LPC and Trudeau to ethical violations. I know he is teflon Trudeau, but if it somehow comes out that he manipulated an RCMP commission to hinder an investigation and pass gun control legislation surely some people will be outraged. Manipulating and investigation over 22 murders for your own benefit... I'm hoping to hear more on this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmaple View Post
    The House SECU isn't even meeting today.. See https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/SECU/Meetings. Enjoy your summer buying/selling/trading. October 4th is the date to watch out for..
    The calendar isn't always accurate. They did meet today but discussed mostly the RCMP Comish-PMO scandal

I went on the house of commons committee meetings site, SECU site even the SECU twitter site and there was no listing for any meetings of the actual SECU committee. relayer1989 where did you see the meeting and agenda. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fig33 View Post
    I went on the house of commons committee meetings site, SECU site even the SECU twitter site and there was no listing for any meetings of the actual SECU committee. relayer1989 where did you see the meeting and agenda. Thanks
    The meeting today was In Camera (private), but they opened it up to the public for about 30 minutes, and then went back to private. Raquel Dancho posted about this and had provided a link: https://twitter.com/RaquelDancho/sta...92759452532739. The video is now deleted.

There was a bit of back and forth after the meeting between Dancho and Damoff: https://twitter.com/RaquelDancho/sta...44591331672065

I think they only discussed bringing forward people to testify re: the RCM-PMO scandal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmaple View Post
    The House SECU isn't even meeting today.. See https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/SECU/Meetings. Enjoy your summer buying/selling/trading. October 4th is the date to watch out for..
    Yes, they did.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

I think thats a wrap. I'll be spending my summer buying and selling handguns.

SECU can technically call a summer meeting but it's highly unlikely that this will be for anything other than the latest scandal.
    Senate committee (usually the National Security and Defence committee) also has to decide not to study the regulation for it to go into force. They have even less of a chance of meeting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Second reading vote taking place now in the HoC.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So, are we good to go and buy, sell and transfer for the rest of the summer?

No chance of any liberal weisels being able to slip in a OIC in the summer?

Note: I still laugh every time I see Justin Trudeau in blackface

CGN Regular
    They did meet after all. They will meet again on July 25 concerning the Nova Scotia Commission on the mass shootings. However they did not pass and refer the proposed regulation on the freeze back to the house. So the regulation cannot pass until 30 sitting days which is October 4th.