Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2333353637383940414243444546474849505153 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soheil View Post
    Every single NDP, QB and of course Liberals, every single one of them said yes and all the conservatives said no. you can see it here:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/votes/44/1/174https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/votes/44/1/174

If liberals bend over, NDP bents over too. So why do they even call themselves NDP??? They are NDP in the skin of Liberals? I have never seen such a stupid thing before.
    Think of MP's the same as those cartoon minions. They toe the party line, they are told how to vote. Break ranks and you with be punished by the party whip.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

this makes me feel like I wanna move. this is some crazy Sh!t at the parliament. playing with peoples lives, money, dignity. WTF!
    I bet all NDP's voted yes just to piss off the conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Think of MP's the same as those cartoon minions. They toe the party line, they are told how to vote. Break ranks and you with be punished by the party whip.

And the Liberals call this democracy.

I call it communism!

The Liberals smoke too much crack!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Every single NDP, Bloc Québécois and of course Liberals, every single one of them said yes and all the conservatives said no. you can see it here:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/votes/44/1/174https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/votes/44/1/174

If liberals bend over, NDP bents over too. So why do they even call themselves NDP??? They are NDP in the skin of Liberals? I have never seen such a stupid thing before.
    We have only Conservatives and Liberals, period. Everyone who vote against them voted for Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirivels View Post
    We have only Conservatives and Liberals, period. Everyone who vote against them voted for Liberals.
    Exactly. Elections aside, the ABC campaign leading up to 2015 has reduced our government to two parties.
    And of course the internet hastened the demise of voting your conscience.

Ooh you can imagine the nasty tweets filling the pages of any NDP MP foolish enough to vote like the reviled Cons.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

my question is, when this bill turns into law, is the next government able to do something about it? can they revoke it or make changes to it?
    there is nothing we can do to stop this from happening, but hoping the next conservative government in 3 years can do something about it, must be very difficult to change something that has voted to become a law. any idea?

my question is, when this bill turns into law, is the next government able to do something about it? can they revoke it or make changes to it?
    there is nothing we can do to stop this from happening, but hoping the next conservative government in 3 years can do something about it, must be very difficult to change something that has voted to become a law. any idea?
    A majority government along with a supporting Senate can push through anything they want, pretty much exactly like the Lieberals are doing now…
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    A majority government along with a supporting Senate can push through anything they want, pretty much exactly like the Lieberals are doing now…
    So there is some hope that the future government can roll this back, correct?

Absolutely, yes. But if history is any indication, any future Conservative government is likely to drag their heels for years before they repeal gun control legislation, assuming they do it at all. Generally speaking, no party in Canada wants to be viewed as "pro gun" unlike in the US. Also, parties like to use issues like this as political tools more so than they like to actually take action. The Conservatives will most likely dangle the revocation of these measures over the heads of supporters for as long as possible in order to ensure continued support.

That being said, The Conservatives are also absolutely our only realistic hope in getting these laws reversed, so if you're not voting for them, you're supporting these and further gun control measures.

It could definitely be rolled back. The question is whether the Conservatives would attempt it which is why we need to keep pressure on them. Libs use this as a political wedge. They know that the public due to their ignorance on the issue mostly support their measures. We see Conservatives supporting the Red Flag laws in the Bill, except for a few that have spoken out.

If Conservatives regain power, at a minimum I'd expect them to expand the definition of "elite shooter". Even Alistair MacGregor (NDP) said the elite shooter definition will likely expand before the Third Reading.