Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303132333435363738394041424345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

CGN Regular
    Dear god, Charlie Angus said something pro-gun (ish...) That there is crazy.
    Two different camps of people talking past each other, its just tribal political theatre and nobody's mind is changed. Politicians are concerned with staying in power, an email of support for those helping the cause, an email of disapproval for those against. More convincing if you make it sound like you are in their riding and voted for them, but their stand on this matter will make you reconsider in the future (although that will likely be looked past). There are a small number of primarily rural ridings held by non-CPC folks that will be susceptible to voting pressure, that is one of the best options for applying pressure to flip a few votes prior to the fall

On a different note, finally got thru to the BC cfo this morning, had to update some transfer info. It took nearly 15 minutes to input range and address info, kudos to them for hiring the mentally diverse, but I can see why transfers are at Ontario speeds now.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    “The urgency of this bill is clear, but unfortunately since the government has stated its intention to pass Bill C-21 into law, we have seen a spike in the number of handgun sales across the country. By introducing additional regulations, the government is preventing a surge in handgun purchases in the period between now and when it is passed, which is the right approach to ensure that the bill is not aiming at a moving target”.
    That last sentence is some pro-gun rhetoric, bigot. Although i suspect the Liberals are aware that their aim sucks.

CGN Regular
    Reading the debate notes it feels like people should be buying handguns off the black market. Seems like no one is seriously interested in tackling root causes of violent crime, imposing serious penalties, rather using the issue for political posturing and gathering of election votes. Would be interesting to see a study compare the estimated black market sales pre and post ban.

The other thing that crossed my mind is the arguments made in regards to hunting vs sports shooting. Something along the lines of -I can see the point of a hunting rifle but not handgun or sports rifle”. If you eliminate the target shooting or associated sports (ie. ipsc) I anticipate there will be a surge in new hunters, so I wonder how that will affect big game populations and hunting practices. I think that hunters will be surprised that they will be indirectly impacted as well.
    Us hunters are not getting away unscathed. Recently, the NDP reduced a major land mass for hunting Moose in the Peace Region of BC. This reduced the availability of Moose hunting in that region for non-Indigenous hunters from about 4% to less than 1%. Purely a political stunt by the NDP to say F.U. to hunters.

What I fear is that one day, they will start to ban certain calibers using the excuse of "you don't need XYZ to hunt". I can see them banning anything magnum. They'll say, "You don't need to shoot a deer at 500 yards, when a bow and arrow will do it from 15 yards...". Then they'll say "you don't need a bow and arrow to kill a deer, when you could kill it emotionally by calling it mean names and not using its preferred pronouns"...
    Last edited by DerWeißeWolf; 06-21-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWeißeWolf View Post
    "you don't need a bow and arrow to kill a deer, when you could kill it emotionally by calling it mean names and not using its preferred pronouns"...
    I work in an office environment and this caused me to chuckle followed by bewildering gazes from coworkers.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch540 View Post
    Twist ending: The Liberals have had a massive change of heart regarding Firearm ownership in Canada as a result of seeing how the Ukrainians had to defend themselves from a Russian invasion, and came up with this "gun ban" as a false flag operation knowing it would push firearms owners into a buying frenzy and they can now rest comfortably knowing that the fine upstanding firearm owning citizens of this country are well stocked with sidearms, ready to defend Canada against all threats.
    *during third reading Trudeau stands up in full black face and makes an announcement* "LOL JK, we made these stupid gun owners empty their bank accounts for no reason. We're actually handing out more CERB and McDonalds coupons."

CGN Regular
    “The urgency of this bill is clear, but unfortunately since the government has stated its intention to pass Bill C-21 into law, we have seen a spike in the number of handgun sales across the country. By introducing additional regulations, the government is preventing a surge in handgun purchases in the period between now and when it is passed, which is the right approach to ensure that the bill is not aiming at a moving target”.
    that part really stinks

Aaaaand there it is. Openly admitting they are targeting legal lawful owners and not the illegal black market and violent offenders. What a country we live in
    Inter arma enim silent leges

Ms. Elizabeth - “Madam Speaker, I am sure the hon. parliamentary secretary heard the question I asked earlier to the member for Guelph. The first version of this bill, before it died on the Order Paper, was a voluntary buyback program. We have now moved to it being mandatory. I would appreciate any light she can shed on the government's change of heart”.

Ms. Pam - “Madam Speaker, I would like to thank the hon. member for her work on this issue. It has been a pleasure to work with her on this. The executive director of the National Firearms Association said that we would have to rip his two AR-15s from his cold, dead hands. That is the reason we had to go to a mandatory buyback program”.

*** any updates on the OIC challenge? Are we really going to lose these guns? ***
    Last edited by Sylvertiger; 06-21-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWeißeWolf View Post
    Us hunters are not getting away unscathed. Recently, the NDP reduced a major land mass for hunting Moose in the Peace Region of BC. This reduced the availability of Moose hunting in that region for non-Indigenous hunters from about 4% to less than 1%. Purely a political stunt by the NDP to say F.U. to hunters.

What I fear is that one day, they will start to ban certain calibers using the excuse of "you don't need XYZ to hunt". I can see them banning anything magnum. They'll say, "You don't need to shoot a deer at 500 yards, when a bow and arrow will do it from 15 yards...". Then they'll say "you don't need a bow and arrow to kill a deer, when you could kill it emotionally by calling it mean names and not using its preferred pronouns"...
    remember they bitched about a guy gun hunting bear and stated to use a spear to make it fair.. the guy did and they banned spear hunting in Alberta.
    They despise us and our free will.. don't try to talk or rationalize with them...bury them in ridiculous lawsuits and regulation every chance.. attack their favorite hobbies and causes with petitions etc. Scorch the ground so nothing grows for a thousand years for them.

F this, I am buying one more…