Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by relayer1989 View Post
    SECU is set to vote on a motion Tuesday June 14th to approve regulations that will freeze handgun transfers. They have cited the run on handguns as reason to pass the motion immediately.

The run on handguns is basically over, with almost all transfers initiated.

However, 1000s of private transfers have yet to be initiated due to the complete failure of service at the CFP. Many of these private transfers involve collectible and vintage firearms from older sellers passing their property down to the next generation.

We must ensure that these firearms are transferred.

Let's pressure the committee members to study this regulation in accordance with fair democratic principles, specifically the NDP and Bloc members:

Everything must be done to stop this motion from passing before the summer break.

Consider calling or emailing the above members and highlighting the following:
    • Inventory at retailers is already sold out, prematurely passing the regulation will not prevent a run on handguns
    • Licensed individuals are not able to initiate private transfers given that the Canadian Firearms Program is overwhelmed
    • These private transfers are made up of people trying to pass down collectible and vintage firearms of important historical importance
    • Many sellers are pensioners and older folks on tight budgets trying to get fair market value for their collectibles before a freeze is implemented

Is it a long shot? Yes. Is it naive? Perhaps. But the issue of private transfers is being ignored outside the firearms community. We need to do whatever we can, before it's too late.
    Why no one's asking the prime moron and his woketards this very question: WHY ARE THE CRIMINALS EXEMPT FROM THIS GUN LAWS?
    Last edited by saphta; 06-10-2022 at 08:30 PM. Reason: fat fngers

This is totally ridiculous, what is one to do with their hand guns after they pass away? Who gets them ?
    ZACKER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACKER View Post
    This is totally ridiculous, what is one to do with their hand guns after they pass away? Who gets them ?
    ZACKER
    The government and without compensation to your estate. This is where estate "planning" becomes important.
    Last edited by StoneHorse; 06-10-2022 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Forgot the 'h'
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Appeal to Pam Damoff...lolz.

You'd be better off calling her hotel at midnight the night before claiming to be her brother.

Didn't work for Roughrider fans in 1997 but they did at least get him Flutie down to the lobby...

this is just to manipulate the people and gain more votes. they want to put people who have no idea how the gun law works in the country on an emotional state and gain more votes. that easy. anyone who has never held a gun in his life I talk to, they have absolutely no idea how the gun law works in canada. obviously if the Trudope goes on TV and says hey no more guns, what do you think will happen? these people would love him even more.

This is insane, I've been trying complete a transfer for a week now and still can't get a hold of anyone. I have been calling all day multiple times.

So pretty much if I want a handgun order online today or I'm out of luck? I was hoping I could wait a couple weeks to snag a p320...Didn't think the 14th would be the cut off, this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    The government and without compensation to your estate. This is where estate "planning" becomes important.
    bingo... talk to executors and friends on what to not do.
    mine are coming out of my will .

Quote Originally Posted by Soheil View Post
    this is just to manipulate the people and gain more votes.
    And to interfere with the conservative leadership race.
    Now they’re all in jeopardy of being on the wrong side of an election wedge issue; they have to pick a side to get votes from their base and then that’ll be trotted out by Trudeau’s pet media in the run up to 2025 as support for killing kids
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by ZACKER View Post
    ZACKER
    I thought there was an exemption or option to sell handguns to a business. Obviously a retailer would have little interest, but what about a movie prop house?

Of course I’m sure that option - if it does exist now - will be terminated soon enough.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR