Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26363839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

CGN Regular
    we still have a few months to send out emails to politicians and to educate them a bit...i think it's still better than nothing...i will write both an english and french version of it, even though all seems decided already, I still hope that whatever chance we have left we need to express ourselves to show them that honest citizens that are screened more than all others aren't the right target to hit on..

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    I have a transfer 5941xxx from June 17. Still waiting for approval in Alberta.
    I thought the Alberta CFO was faster than that. Did you ask to have your email attached to the transfer? Some at the CFC will do that automatically but many don’t do it until you ask for it. Shouldn’t have to ask but it is what it is…
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Regular
    The alberta cfo is exceptionally fast, but they still only have the staff they have, so it will take some time. I was speaking generally, so people in Nova Scotia or Alberta will likely be seeing their transfers soonish, BC in another month (in march it was a day or two) and Ontario should be at least 5 minutes before hell freezes over.

We are kinda hijacking this thread. Can someone start a new one with "Tracking approval of transfer numbers" on it? Then we could get a running tally of where each province is at. I've looked but can't figure out where to ask for permission to start new threads.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    The alberta cfo is exceptionally fast, but they still only have the staff they have, so it will take some time. I was speaking generally, so people in Nova Scotia or Alberta will likely be seeing their transfers soonish, BC in another month (in march it was a day or two) and Ontario should be at least 5 minutes before hell freezes over.

We are kinda hijacking this thread. Can someone start a new one with "Tracking approval of transfer numbers" on it? Then we could get a running tally of where each province is at. I've looked but can't figure out where to ask for permission to start new threads.
    You can start a new thread with the Thread Tools dropdown on the right of the first post in a particular sub-forum. Here's the link to start a new thread in the General Firearms Discussion sub-forum.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...newthread&f=63

BC Transfers are currently sitting around the 2-week mark. Not terrible but definitely not ideal. We have a few months to initiate transfers though, so if you want something, get it started. Once a transfer is initiated, they will be required to complete it regardless of changes to the law (thanks to legal precedent.)

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by CTomz View Post
    BC Transfers are currently sitting around the 2-week mark. Not terrible but definitely not ideal. We have a few months to initiate transfers though, so if you want something, get it started. Once a transfer is initiated, they will be required to complete it regardless of changes to the law (thanks to legal precedent.)
    The requirement to complete the transfer started before the coming-into-force date (issue the certificate to the new owner) is actually written into C-21

https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/e...ing#ID0E0EC0AA

17 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 12.#1:
    Handguns
    12.#2 A registration certificate for a handgun must not be issued to an individual.

https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/e...ing#ID0E0EB0AA

Transitional Provisions

Registration certificates — handguns
    47 Section 12.#2 of the Firearms Act, as enacted by section 17, does not apply in respect of a registration certificate for which an application was submitted in accordance with section 54 of that Act before the day on which that section 17 comes into force.

Quote Originally Posted by Soheil View Post
    soon we will be all red flagged for our political views and disliking the liberals.
    Given the begging (for money) emails I get from Trump, Ron DeSantis and his wife pretty sure I'm already on a lot of different lists.

Don't have a problem being flagged for disliking what the Libs have turned into and don't necessarily blame Trudeau--an idiot (like him) couldn't have pulled this off.

My problem is with whomever finds him a useful idiot, the ones going after the law abiding who nevertheless haven't drunk the "Lib" Kool Aid.
    Wad now going to the CPC rather than gun lobby groups. You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SHO NUT View Post
    The requirement to complete the transfer started before the coming-into-force date (issue the certificate to the new owner) is actually written into C-21

https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/e...ing#ID0E0EC0AA

17 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 12.#1:
    Handguns
    12.#2 A registration certificate for a handgun must not be issued to an individual.

https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/e...ing#ID0E0EB0AA

Transitional Provisions

Registration certificates — handguns
    47 Section 12.#2 of the Firearms Act, as enacted by section 17, does not apply in respect of a registration certificate for which an application was submitted in accordance with section 54 of that Act before the day on which that section 17 comes into force.

SHO NUT,

Can you please explain in plain English what this means?

If a transfer is started now and before this bull-crap freeze, are they required to complete that said transfer by law?
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    SHO NUT,

Can you please explain in plain English what this means?

If a transfer is started now and before this bull-crap freeze, are they required to complete that said transfer by law?
    That's what it says, as I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by SHO NUT View Post
    That's what it says, as I read it.

Thank you, much appreciated......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!