Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer64 View Post
    Ill do everything I can to keep them
    Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees...l=44&session=1
    Scroll down to committee members and see the names. You really think these people won't let it pass? 7 liberals (including NDP) and only 4 conservatives. we are doomed!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Ecclesiae View Post
    I only laugh when people say "don't let them have it", "molon labe", "pry them from my cold dead hands" etc. etc.

Here is a small illustration how this works: earlier this year I went to my gun club to pay the annual membership fee. I entered the clubhouse, it was literally packed with people sitting at tables and in chairs along the walls, not a single person wearing a mask. Upon seeing me entering, the lady in charge of the membership screamed: "put the mask on! You have to wear the mask until you sit down!" . I then asked "so the virus stops spreading when you sit down?" She answered with the sacramental phrase: "we follow government regulations".

So here you have it. The firearm community, just like the rest of Canadian population, will religiously follow even the most absurd and idiotic laws. Events of the last two years have taught me that there is simply no possibility of any sort of civil disobedience in this country.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 03-09-2023 at 04:19 PM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Almost zero. This is a high-priority bill for them. It would require both the NDP and BQ to turn their backs on the LPC. Both are strongly in support of this bill. So it would take a massive scandal or outrageous decision that would upset the other parties so much to turn on the Liberals out of spite and abandon their party principles. It's a massive long shot.
    Reading Hansard, it doesn't sound like the Bloc is overly thrilled with this, they feel it doesn't go far enough fast enough. I think given the chance they'd trash Bill C-21 in favour of a bill that focuses solely on the borders + red flag laws and an OIC that orders the immediate ban of handguns.

Its not a question of being intimidated, its about not living in a fantasy world where thinking that if I just say no that I'll somehow magically be able to keep my firearms. Ill do everything I can to keep them, and they wont get them until I have absolutely no other choice, but Im not going to go to jail and have my livelihood destroyed or worse just to keep my guns.
    If you know a way I can keep them, please fill me in on the details! I havent heard one solid plan on how we can keep them, but Im all ears.
    Given what has happened in the past, you're more likely to slip through the cracks than to actually have to say no. Just don't do dumb stuff like calling the CFP with questions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Its not a question of being intimidated, its about not living in a fantasy world where thinking that if I just say no that I'll somehow magically be able to keep my firearms. Ill do everything I can to keep them, and they wont get them until I have absolutely no other choice, but Im not going to go to jail and have my livelihood destroyed or worse just to keep my guns.
    If you know a way I can keep them, please fill me in on the details! I havent heard one solid plan on how we can keep them, but Im all ears.
    support the conservative idea that property rights need to be enshrined in the charter, for a start.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    support the conservative idea that property rights need to be enshrined in the charter, for a start.
    I fully agree with you 100% on that.
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians

On top of that we as a society need to really harp on our politicians for effective policy not just policy that gets votes. All sides of the political spectrum shouldn't allow our leaders to wriggle out of their responsibilities using dog whistle politics to inflame their base and promote fear. I think secretly the federal libs don't want to solve their issue of total abolition of firearm ownership. It would end the fear cycle that gets people pissed off and voting, and most importantly donating.

If they achieve their ban and buy back what other finger do they have to point when there are still gang shootings, smuggling across the border? and the occasional nutter(that our spy agencies know about and do #### all) goes on a killing spree. I think the greatest irony of it all is if these spooky assault weapons are so scary and deadly, why let anyone keep them? Why let super popular models like the SKS, WK and X95 slip through the cracks. It just shows how disingenuous their apparent moral code is.

This isn't about saving lives or making Canada safer. Just politicking. I wish the fervent anti-gun crowd would see how easily they are getting played.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootHuntCook View Post
    I think the greatest irony of it all is if these spooky assault weapons are so scary and deadly, why let anyone keep them? Why let super popular models like the SKS, WK and X95 slip through the cracks. It just shows how disingenuous their apparent moral code is.
    That should make any reasonably sane Canadian realize it's just political grandstanding and snake oil.

It's like a teacher saying "you will hurt yourself if you run with scissors. So don't pick up scissors and run.... but you children who are already running with scissors, please continue to do so."
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Well considering the weekly mass shootings happening in the US of course gun control will continue to be a topic of discussion.

One side screams gun control, the other screams mental health, both get pitted against each other by partisan media. You have people express their frustration and grief but the truth is we rarely get insight into the actual motives of these individuals. They are often demonized and labelled as evil because it’s easier for people to process the event then explore the path that led these people to that point. How can you effectively advocate for mental health if you don’t understand the evolution of the pathology? How can gun control be an effective tool considering the cultural climate and problems with smuggling and the black market? From my perspective, if gun owners want to advocate for themselves they need to become a part of the solution that tackles these tragic events. Not sure why some people keep repeating the same mantras that blame the Liberals, speak of “rights” to firearm ownership and make suggestive statements that seem to incite violence and then somehow expect that to be part of the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Amen
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR