Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if pending transfers are denied after June 14th? Refunds?

What if pending transfers are denied after June 14th? Refunds?

Hi,

I just wanted to see what's going to happen if current pending transfers of handguns are denied on or after June 14th.

Do we receive refunds or what is the process?

Thanks.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM_Man View Post
    Hi,

I just wanted to see what's going to happen if current pending transfers of handguns are denied on or after June 14th.

Thanks.
    yes, refunds
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Do these include all transfers that already have been initiated and with the provincial CFOs?

Quote Originally Posted by JDM_Man View Post
    Hi,

Thanks.
    What’s special about June 14th?

I had placed a backorder with a company in Alberta assuming refunds would be the natural process. I read their policy prior to placing the order and there was no mention of this. I tried calling but couldn't get through. After I placed the backorder the company told me they do not give refunds in the event of a government policy change. They will offer a store credit or refund minus 25%. I found this to be quite shady. I told them I have screen shots and would contact my credit card company for a charge back if I don't receive the product. They responded by telling me they were canceling my order and would call to get my info for the refund. Still waiting for them to call.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien2022 View Post
    I had placed a backorder with a company in Alberta assuming refunds would be the natural process. I read their policy prior to placing the order and there was no mention of this. I tried calling but couldn't get through. After I placed the backorder the company told me they do not give refunds in the event of a government policy change. They will offer a store credit or refund minus 25%. I found this to be quite shady. I told them I have screen shots and would contact my credit card company for a charge back if I don't receive the product. They responded by telling me they were canceling my order and would call to get my info for the refund. Still waiting for them to call.
    No clue, anyone know whats on the 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by vandave View Post
    What’s special about June 14th?
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...mpt-TheGunBlog

Quote Originally Posted by rich204 View Post
    Do these include all transfers that already have been initiated and with the provincial CFOs?
    If they can't ship you the gun, they must issue a refund no questions asked.

And if for some reason they can't, you have 180 days to file a chargeback for any items you ordered and have not received.

It's really that simple, there's no risk for you, the retailer is the only one who is risking his money in this climate.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rich204 View Post
    Yes, but those might go through even if they do freeze. We really don't know.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Yes, but those might go through even if they do freeze. We really don't know.
    Hopefully there's some truth to the following thread, just pasted what I needed: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...CSAAA-READ-NOW

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bill C-21 Business Update

Transfers that have already been initiated once this “freeze” comes into force, will still be processed as usual. Transfers already initiated will not be denied due to the “freeze”.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast