Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Whats the turn around for date of purchase to transfer looking like? Pistols

Placed an Ontario order on June 1st, AB CFO received transfer on June 2nd, I received the transfer notification on June 8th.

Here’s the weird part, I called the retailer (June 9th) and asked if they received their transfer notification, they said they haven’t. I replied back to the CFO which sent my transfer notification and the following day (June 10) they sent the transfer notification to the retailer. Now my order has been shipped out.

I thought that transfer notifications were emailed to the buyer and seller at the same time. Very odd I had to email them and ask for them to send it to the retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    My wife got a transfer email from the bc cfo this morning for a handgun ordered from sfrc on the 30th.
    I got mine on Tues am but nothing shipped yet from sfrc. Still says waiting fullfilment

Hopefully they will catch up on shipping now that not many guns left to sell or transfer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    Is it ready now how about now how about now .
    Once it is in the system that’s it it is out of the dealers hands let everyone do there job and you will be notified if something is wrong or if it is compete .
    I have been transfers for 35 yrs . They come in on Saturday buy s gun we tell them the time frame and they call on Monday. Yikes
    Spend the time harassing your mp and every other politician there lines should be swamped and not have a moments piece

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    Here in Ontario I'm expecting 2 months minimum. Just glad I was able to secure my dream gun.
    As long as the transfer goes through, a couple months is a small price to pay to secure my own, and hopefully my kids hobby for a bit longer.
    Heard the Ontario CFO currently has a backlog of over 15,000 transfers.....and growing.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

CGN Regular
    Maybe dumb question, but transfers are done through your province cfo not the province you bought gun from. I'm in BC, bought from Ontario, I'm waiting for BC to approve not Ontario right? A month ago i sold 3, bc took 16 hours to do transfers, Ontario one was 6 weeks. I'd be thinking BC now about 10 days, but Ontario might be 3-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    Maybe dumb question, but transfers are done through your province cfo not the province you bought gun from. I'm in BC, bought from Ontario, I'm waiting for BC to approve not Ontario right? A month ago i sold 3, bc took 16 hours to do transfers, Ontario one was 6 weeks. I'd be thinking BC now about 10 days, but Ontario might be 3-6 months.
    You are correct

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    I ordered on May 31 @ 0300. Got my transfer notification from the CFO (AB, they must be working overtime and weekends) Sunday, June 5 @ 1830. Now to just wait patiently for my goodies to arrive!
    |CCFR|

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    wife bought from cabelas Ottawa on Thursday , guy at the counter said expect 3-4 month

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    Here in Ontario I'm expecting 2 months minimum. Just glad I was able to secure my dream gun.
    As long as the transfer goes through, a couple months is a small price to pay to secure my own, and hopefully my kids hobby for a bit longer.
    Well share with the class my friend. What was it?

And thanks for the answers from all of you. I bought six handguns within a few hours so. Looks like it will be a bit of a wait. All good.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Quote Originally Posted by struff55 View Post
    Is it ready now how about now how about now .
    Once it is in the system that’s it it is out of the dealers hands let everyone do there job and you will be notified if something is wrong or if it is compete .
    I have been transfers for 35 yrs . They come in on Saturday buy s gun we tell them the time frame and they call on Monday. Yikes
    Spend the time harassing your mp and every other politician there lines should be swamped and not have a moments piece

So take your own advice and go write some more letters. Notice through this post we've discovered that in BC it's probably going to be anywhere between 10 days to a month but in Ontario it might take up to 3 to 6 months. So now instead of those people calling or emailing the ammo source or the CFO, they'll know not to worry if nothing goes for two and a half months.

So carry on looking through the forum for posts to bicker at. Add nothing to them. Just waste peoples time. The fun part is, if you answer this, it tells me that you subscribe to this post just to answer to someone that you talked #### to for no reason.

The rest of us will continue using each others knowledge for information to try to help each other out .

You go ahead and write letters... I'll keep buying the guns. Thanks chief.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.