Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news BC guns are clearing

CGN frequent flyer
    What the heck the office is closed ! What sort of hours do they work there ? Unbelievable !
    Leavenworth

You might say they're liberal with the hours they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth View Post
    What the heck the office is closed ! What sort of hours do they work there ? Unbelievable !
    Leavenworth
    They close up shop @ 2 to do paperwork was the story I got

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
    I wish I would have asked about an att when I had her in the phone.
    Guess I’ll have to try again.
    email works

cfpcfounit@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

in Subject line put "Attn BC CFO STATT request".

Name, PAL, firearm reg number, request date and transfer from where to where (both address') in body of email
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    email works

cfpcfounit@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

in Subject line put "Attn BC CFO STATT request".

Name, PAL, firearm reg number, request date and transfer from where to where (both address') in body of email
    Thanks I'll give it a try!

Well I finally broke down and called the BC CFO today. I have a few transfers pending so.........

After 4 calls I got through. I gave the person who answered the phone one of my reference numbers to check and she replied "oh, you actually have 4 pending". Then she asked me "why are you buying so many, because of the announcement"? I didn't know how to answer her question so I just changed the subject. She let me know she wouldn't be approving my transfers while we were on the phone, she said because she could do it later in her "down time". I'm guessing that meant I need to be further scrutinized for making a few legal purchases. Anyway, if you've purchased a few and they aren't going through it could be because of the "why are you buying so many".

They're obviously not going in chronological order if you've made a few purchases because she has purchases I've made from June 02-June 11 and she's lumping them all in together.

After that conversation I felt I should buy at least one more restricted so thanks to the staff member who took my call and gave me the nudge I needed I made another restricted purchase this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by clk1 View Post
    Well I finally broke down and called the BC CFO today. I have a few transfers pending so.........

After 4 calls I got through. I gave the person who answered the phone one of my reference numbers to check and she replied "oh, you actually have 4 pending". Then she asked me "why are you buying so many, because of the announcement"? I didn't know how to answer her question so I just changed the subject. She let me know she wouldn't be approving my transfers while we were on the phone, she said because she could do it later in her "down time". I'm guessing that meant I need to be further scrutinized for making a few legal purchases. Anyway, if you've purchased a few and they aren't going through it could be because of the "why are you buying so many".

They're obviously not going in chronological order if you've made a few purchases because she has purchases I've made from June 02-June 11 and she's lumping them all in together.

After that conversation I felt I should buy at least one more restricted so thanks to the staff member who took my call and gave me the nudge I needed I made another restricted purchase this afternoon.
    I’m going to label this a “feel good story” as it ended with another happy purchase!
    How could they not know why multiple purchases? I wonder why they’d sit on them like that?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
    I’m going to label this a “feel good story” as it ended with another happy purchase!
    How could they not know why multiple purchases? I wonder why they’d sit on them like that?
    Civil servants are not rocket scientists. Some would have trouble differentiating between a cordless drill and a revolver.
    The West wants Out!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
    Not sure. Did she just want me to say it (because of the announcement)?

And maybe flags go up if you buy multiple in a short amount of time, not sure. She said none of my June 2 on transfers had been assigned so now they would be hers...in her workload I guess.

CGN frequent flyer
    Sorry but I think you fellas may have answered already . Is a reference number what the retailer is issued when they initiate the transfer ?
    Thank You !
    Leavenworth
    Last edited by Leavenworth; 06-21-2022 at 09:26 PM.