Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2232343536373839404142

Thread: Good news BC guns are clearing

A friend got through this morning, was told sorry, can't help you with your July transfer, we are still working on June, goodbye. Then 5 minutes later the transfer notice showed up in his email. Go figure!

I called yesterday just to get some information from them (not asking to push through transfers). The lady I got through to was helpful and told me she was able to see all 4 of my pending transfers, and if she had time she would get through them over the coming days. A few hours later 3/4 of the transfers were approved, but am still waiting on the 4th. No complaints though all purchases were in Aug.

Had 8 tranfers approved at once today. Had been waiting on my S&W 648 for 9 weeks now and decided to call and see if there was any issues. Rang twice and CFO picked up and said he would rather group them than do individual. Would of been 10 but the Norinco Olympia is sent off to registry for verification and found out that one retailer hadn't even started a transfer from back in mid june. I guess i wait for that one now that they started a transfer.

I got through today. Although I haven't really been trying. Awesome woman on the other end. Got 1 purchase approved, 1 sale approved, and she did an ATT for me I had been trying to get for a couple of days. She said she could only do 2 transfers at one time. I'm happy with that. Although it did come up she would be getting a nice share of my lotto winnings if I happen to win.

still waiting on my june 24th (and others later)... guess I'll phone next week. can't be on hold at work though....

I'm in BC, purchased in Ontario. Transfer 5943xxx. June 19 purchase date, approved August 29

I wonder what the sales numbers look like by date. I doubt it's linear. The first week of June was a flood of sales following by very little given a lack of inventory. And then we probably had a second wave in early August with the import ban. If that's correct and if they process them somewhat in order, I'd expect the rest of June and all of July to get through quickly, at least in BC. You'd also think the RCMP would become more efficient at processing these, but that's a huge assumption of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubris21 View Post
    I called yesterday just to get some information from them (not asking to push through transfers). The lady I got through to was helpful and told me she was able to see all 4 of my pending transfers, and if she had time she would get through them over the coming days. A few hours later 3/4 of the transfers were approved, but am still waiting on the 4th. No complaints though all purchases were in Aug.
    your talking in BC? maybe its the new guy they hired in august have not heard anyone getting as lucky as you cheers thats awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Same thing in Ontario, some June transfers are getting approved while 31 May are still in limbo.
    Is it true that in Ontario if you call in they move you to the back of the que?