Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PSA Dagger reviews, lets hear it $$$ 2022 Handgun of the year $$$

I believe the other frame doctor cut would of worked for the vortex. Might need an extra slide at somepoint. Dont look at the Palmetto state site youll get ar15 jealously. 500 for a blemished full rifles. 300 for dagger slide with optic.. and then theres the AKV..

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyeo View Post
    So, anyone else receive theirs yet? Or just sogone2day?
    I received mine. Sights are just plane black but they’re suppressor height. Red dot on the way.

I carry a Glock professionally, first the Gen 3 G22, now a Gen 4 G17. I also own a G19X. The PSA seems like a great value. It’s not quite as nice as a Glock but it’s close enough.

Things I’ve noticed:

Reassembly after takedown can get hung up, and requires some wiggling to get everything straight, or you can put the slide on while missing the rear frame rails. I’ve never seen this with a Glock.

Muzzle threads and optic threads are a bit rough. Easy fix to clean up.

I don’t care for the aggressive stippling on the grip but that’s just me. It’s like skateboard grip tape and picks up bellybutton lint and dandelion fluff.

I like the cutouts at the bottom of the grip, to rip mags out if needed. Great idea.

The magazine release is stiff - something I actually prefer to a Glock. If you’ve ever sent your magazine down range, while under stress, then you’ll agree. Albeit, I’ve only ever done that once with my Glocks.

The trigger is quite nice - smooth and breaks nicely.

The slide release always seems to be under my thumb. I’ll see if this is an issue on the range but I’ve not noticed the same issue with my Glocks. I wonder if the PSA grip encourages me to choke up to the beaver tail a bit higher?

The grip is comfortable for my freakishly small hands (for a 6’3” male who has the hands of a raccoon)

All in, I’m impressed.

@IRUNGUNS... i know few have asked but are you expecting to bring more Daggers in?

GunNutz
    I got mine as well. I don't have a G19 to compare side by side, but here are a few observations based on handling various Glock pistols in the past:

The grip shape is clearly superior - This is the main reason I wanted the Dagger over the G19. The grip angle I can adjust to, but the traditional Glock hump and three finger grooves never felt right for me. The Dagger is less blocky and points better in my hands. One finger groove works just fine for me. Its location puts a bit of upward pressure on my middle finger, which actually helps. I think I've got pretty average male hands and fingers (M/L size glove, depending on the cut and the task). But if you've got really fat or really skinny fingers it might be in the wrong spot and you might prefer to sand it off. The flare at the bottom front of the grip will not be ideal for folks with fatter fingers, but maybe it's preferable to having your little finger rest on the magazine floorplate. I'm not sure if I'm actually gripping higher than a stock G19 (web of the hand relative to the bore axis), but the trigger guard undercut definitely improves the grip at the given height (finger stack is higher on the front of the grip).

The grip seems something like a few hundred dollars worth of custom work to a stock G19, if that makes sense. I like the texture, personally, but I've always preferred grippy frames. The slide stop is perfectly located under my right thumb if I let it get close to the frame. This is an issue for me with all low bore height pistols of this type. I think the solution is training your thumb position to avoid it. Or give up on the idea of last round hold open. Or reprofile / reduce the size of the slide stop contact patch. It's such a common problem for me with all pistols of this type, and I like the last round hold open, so I train to avoid it.

The mag release is hard to reach from a solid, high grip, and it's pretty stiff too. Either break your grip each time you need it, or get an extended button. Unless you have very long thumbs I guess. I'm indifferent to the cuts on the grip designed to aid stripping the mag. They don't bother me.

I thought I wouldn't like the black-black suppressor height sights, but I find my eye actually tracks the front sight better because of the taller profile.

Personally, I strongly prefer Glock factory mags to the Magpul version this pistol comes with. IRG still has factory G19 10/15 mags available.

After much dryfire, the trigger is acceptable in all respects. I read of many complaints about the M&P style trigger blade, but I don't get it. I don't expect miracles from this pistol in that regard.

I did notice that the pistol arrived bone dry. Definitely get some lube on it before range time. And I've heard (and I believe) that holster compatibility can be an issue.

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    What was their price in CAD?
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    What was their price in CAD?
    It ended up being just over $500 plus $70 for GST and shipping.

Took mine for a test spin on the weekend.

Longish front sight post took a while to get used to. Trigger is nice, very similar to my Glock.
    My end cap thread protector kept coming loose but not coming off completely. I hand-tightened at the range it but it still came loose. Must be all the lube.

It doesn't fit any of my molded Glock holsters but fits fabric no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    Took mine for a test spin on the weekend.

Longish front sight post took a while to get used to. Trigger is nice, very similar to my Glock.
    My end cap thread protector kept coming loose but not coming off completely. I hand-tightened at the range it but it still came loose. Must be all the lube.

It doesn't fit any of my molded Glock holsters but fits fabric no problem.
    High temp small oring might keep it in place a bit. Just racking it and dryfiring with caps did the same.

Whats www.irunguns.rocks about? Your new band formation? Could not open that web site tho...

Any one have more pics as well? And a soft case?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast