Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: adjustable gas block

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    this works with both 7.62x39 and 223 ? or does a guy need to specify one or the other ?
    It will work with both

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent Tiger View Post
    It will work with both
    yep works for all wk
    gen 1, gen 2, 7.62x39 etc
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

sold out? couldn’t seem to find them…
    CCFR Member

More info from my odd WK. If I close of the port holes completely, it still fires. So for mine, unscrewing the the set-screw all the way to the front of the gun, there is lots of volume for the gas to go, and it won't cycle. Then I screw in the set-screw towards the port holes, till she just cycles. It works great. My WK180c barely jumps when I fire it now. The set-screw is around halfway between the port-holes and front of the gas block. .223 PMC BRONZE was used for setting, as it's the weakest round I shoot through the gun.

To be clear is there any way you can make it more clear for us newbs or not as technically challenged. I'm trying to understand but it's not as easy to... so with no screw it has full release of gas ( so much so that it won't cycle) and the tighter you tighten the screw the less gas gets released) and I also use the same pmc bronze .223 ammo and you found halfway to work perfect for you?
    I'm assuming we want it just tight enough where it will cycle and hold bolt open and no more or no less. Is that correct? If anyone example maybe from @truenotharms or @bumblespecimooda can do a quick diagram and upload to imgur. Nothing fancy just wa picture of where you set yours and some arrows. Other then that you did feel a big difference and you suggest this item? I asked because I'm on disability and money is very tough for me to come up with but if it will protect my investment that I'm slowly paying off with my mastercard then I will buy this with credit aswell.

^x2

ok, explanation of how the adjustable gas valve works. it would help if you went to the TNA website and looked at pictures.

gas block installed on barrel over gas port (hole) on barrel.

gas valve is installed in gas block from muzzle end of gun.

gas travels up gas block in passage until it intersects the scalloped portion of the valve.

gas enters the little holes in the scalloped portion of the valve.

valve is hollow; gas comes out the end of the valve and pushes piston back until gas can exit out holes in gas block.

lots of gas means gun rocks and rolls and everything gets slammed around and loose, etc.

not enough gas means action will not cycle completely.

amount of gas is controlled by the size of the little holes in the scalloped portion of the valve.

the adjustable gas valve controls the size of these holes by screwing a set screw from the muzzle end of the hollow gas valve until the holes are covered.

you can send the set screw so far down that the holes are completely covered, or partially covered. adjust as necessary.

once set you screw a second set screw down the muzzle end og the valve to lock the first one in place.

edit - some folks are still getting gas with the set screw completely blocking the opening. i think this is due to the fact that with a carbine-length gas system you get the full force of the round (ie, 52,000 psi or whatever for 556). vs mid- or rifle-length where the pressure has a chance to dissipate. this means you get gas pushing past the threads on the set screw and the seal between the gas valve and the gas glock. this will reduce as carbon builds up (or presumably if you use a lot of threadsealer).
    Last edited by the radium king; 02-18-2023 at 01:41 PM.

hey tna - have a look at how the ruger piston ar adjustable gas system works - should be easy to do on your system. instead of two set screws just one long screw with a knurled knob on the end. instead of threadsealer, the knob is held in place by a spring steel catch that is held like a washer by the valve against the block. a lot easier to field adjust - go to minute 1:45 to see what i mean about the spring steel catch:

https://youtu.be/pl1RasTOfEM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123