CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Restricted transfer update

CGN Regular
    Anyone else notice the BC cfo is not the most inept in the country? 25 days for a transfer and counting.
    At this point if I don’t have my transfers by the end of the week I’m cancelling them all and giving up on this hobby. I’m tired of getting dry ####ed every step of the way and jumping through hoops like a clown when all the diverse criminals can run amok rape rob and pillage and get conditional sentences.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 06-22-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    They don’t send them to retailer anymore..you have to send them yours.
    Yes I am aware of that.
    To date, the transfer has not been received either.

Quote Originally Posted by toogun View Post
    I’m in Ontario , bought 2 revolvers from a store in Alberta May 19. The transfer has to go through the Ontario CFO. Got the approval via email this morning June 22, pretty close to 5 weeks. I forwarded the approval to the store at 10:45 a.m. received a shipment notice at 12:15 p.m. , 1 1/2 hrs after I emailed them.
    Sigh! Another two weeks to wait then. I ordered two from dealers in Ontario and Manitoba on 31 May.
    No CFO response yet.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Alberta CFO completed a private transfers (I’m the seller) in 7 days, so they seem to be catching up. I also got through to the CFP 1-4-2 to initiate another transfer this morning, first call, no hold. Don’t know if that was luck or if they are getting ahead of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjm1971 View Post
    Alberta CFO completed a private transfers (I’m the seller) in 7 days, so they seem to be catching up. I also got through to the CFP 1-4-2 to initiate another transfer this morning, first call, no hold. Don’t know if that was luck or if they are getting ahead of it as well.
    Just less buyer..the crazy panic buying is almost finished since most dealers have no inventory to sell.

Ontario dealer purchase, initiated on May 25-2022, transfer notification received June 21, 2022. hope this was some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Just less buyer..the crazy panic buying is almost finished since most dealers have no inventory to sell.
    The better dealers are getting more or ordered more before the panic.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

I’m 2 for 5 getting into the queue at 1-4-2 this morning… got the “we’re experiencing system problems, please call again later” after 30 minutes the first time.

Update: got through on the second time in queue after 26 minutes
    Last edited by hbshoots; 06-23-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123