CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2939414243444546474849505152535455565759 ... LastLast

Thread: Restricted transfer update

Quote Originally Posted by BangFlop View Post
    Anyone have a recent BC transfer go through? Waiting on a few transfer from 13 weeks ago.
    Yes but both due to getting lucky with a phone call. Had an order from Aug 16 and Sept 5 processed at the same time. No idea where they are on transfers otherwise, other than knowing my brother-in-law is still waiting on private transfers (family to family) from mid-June.

I use to be able to get through after 4pm and 5pm local time on the phone. Now just the office is closed. No luck this week. To busy or a short on hold and a hang up. I tried all my tricks of no caller id, extensions, different, and multiple phones.

Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day View Post
    I use to be able to get through after 4pm and 5pm local time on the phone. Now just the office is closed. No luck this week. To busy or a short on hold and a hang up. I tried all my tricks of no caller id, extensions, different, and multiple phones.
    Their hours seem to be inconsistent, and certainly not adhering to the 9-5 that they state, at least from my experience of trying to call at various hours of the day. Pretty hard for anybody to hit the middle of a dart board when the bullseye is moving constantly.

For some reason or another, I got through twice this morning and actually spoke to someone. The first call dropped, but still managed to get through.

Previously, the answer message wouldn't even let me hold on the line, but this morning it was allowing call hold, so that's a win.

Transfers in the 599xxx range.

Waiting for 596 since end of June
    I'm citizen of a FREE country where self defence is a CRIME ??

Honestly, just spam the line if you can. 1-1-9026

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but that's probably all that you can do. And maybe crossing your fingers...

Ontario - purchased June 3, approved today - 5905xxx

Got 2 today in Alberta, one from completed June 21st from AB seller (5944xxx), and the other June 20th from NB seller (5943xxx).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    I was just on the Alberta CFO website and I noticed that it states you can initate the transfer of a Restricted firearm by emailing form 5492 to cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
    This may be helpful for those who do not have the time to sit on the phone or send it via letter mail.
    https://www.alberta.ca/albertas-chie...ms-office.aspx
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

I got through on the 9026 line today.... took a few tries and 25 minutes or so on hold, but after that not only did I get two restricted transfers done (ref #'s 599xxxx and 601xxxx) she also approved my RPAL that was sent in June and expiring in October. Do not give up, keep dialing!