CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Calgary Shooting Center Let me down, big time.

I was in twice that week and it was a total madhouse. I've never seen it so busy. Staff were looking shell-shocked and working flat-out, running around. I hope they get a pizza party!

Hey fellas….just following these posts (not the only one) daily and seems like lotsa guys feeling like it’s now too late, because of ‘nothing left’. I kinda try to keep a finger on the pulse sorta speak on a handful of the larger sites….anyone check ole Ellwood Epps lately….maybe not exactly the models, but decent quantities/prices at this stage of the game. Just thought I’d throw it out there as an option to guys still looking.
    Cheers

Online inventory issues are also happening on other retail sites.
    Appliances are hard to come by as well
    Last edited by Mr.4570; 06-23-2022 at 05:14 AM.

Business Member
    As we read this gripe thread we only have one thought. Its amazing that there are so many people that execute perfect flawless work days every day, 24 -7 - 365. Thankfully for your co workers and the people your employers call customers, no-one is ever unconvinced by your actions day in day out. PURE AMAZING. We wish we could find employees like you guys.

How much does your life have to suck that you have the time to come on to a forum and attack a company whose owners are already under attack by the govt. Perhaps give this a thought. The guys at CSC who have poured millions into building a range for hand gun owners, their investment on that infrastructure will have diminishing returns for ever as hand gun owners die off or leave shooting. Their business will now always be less attractive to potential buyers should they want to sell their business, and unless things change again it will be a diminishing business to pass on to their families. As for the employees who have been in the industry for a while, they must also be worried that their field after this sales bump leading up to the ban is also going to shrink significantly. Perhaps the guy who made the error on the OP's pistol was thinking about the percentage of hand guns sales as the over all sales of the business and would he keep his job when that new reality sets in this fall.

Many thanks Onizuka, have the CFC transfer number from retailer you recommended already.
    Last edited by ricradster; 06-23-2022 at 08:57 AM.
    Free USP

Wasn't going to engage in this, but Grey Birch's post crossed the line. First off, my life is great. Secondly, my post was a statement of my experience with a retailer, not an attack, but a heads-up to this community of consumers, who I believe would benefit from my experience. I appreciate the investments made by firearms retailers and range operators, they are the reason we have this sport in Canada. Now since the government is attacking all Canadian firearm owners and businesses, it's more important than ever for those retailers to maintain or even grow their share of a shrinking market. Ignoring customers and then failing to fill orders isn't the way to keep your business going. That being said, the fellow I spoke to was very apologetic, and attempted to offer alternative firearms, but I declined, as I wasn't interested in starting over with new magazines, holsters, triggers, and sights for a new pistol type. I would however, wonder about you, as a business member with un-blockable status on this site, how you would react if one of your suppliers took your order, confirmed it, than ignored all your attempts at communication, in the face of a possible OIC that could arrive at any moment, that would bar you from ever making a purchase of the type you needed, ever again. Then calling twenty days later, and telling you "sorry, can't deliver". If that is an acceptable business practice in your shop, I guess that says more about you then I could ever say.
    Free USP

Super Moderator
    The business that is paying for this subforum can reopen this thread as they choose.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789